What do you think of Jehovah ?

by skiz 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skiz
    skiz

Reubenfine

And their parents were evil so the babies were going to grow up to be evil no matter what

I see you?ve heard some of the attempts to justify that people grasp for

It?s interesting that Jehovah?s Witnesses devote huge portions of their lives to going from house to house looking for those worldly ?evil? people. They look for ways to contact different family members because some may respond and other not

And yet if they lived a few thousand years ago, their God would requiring them to kill children

And then go home to your multiple wives and have tons of kids because there was such a need for the nation to grow to the size Jehovah wanted it to be

What could be the reason for this ?

Inherent evil used to pass from parent to child but ..........

.......... it doesn?t do that anymore ???

That DNA is strange stuff, isn't it ?

Come to think of it, I should be shunning my sisters for believing in such a horrible god instead of them shunning me for rejecting "him," as if he really exists. I don't worship murderers.

You?ve got a good point there. You also have an opportunity to be more than they are

But you can also make up your mind to never let them abuse you again. If they talk about you ?repenting? and coming back, you know what you?d be going back to. You have the moral high ground, don?t let then look down their noses at you

Frannie,

You may be right about those Jewish leaders inventing a ?scapegoat?. But the point is, Jehovah?s Witnesses join the rest of Christianity in believing that what was written is the truth. Inspired, infallible, and written exactly as it happened. They believe those scriptures depict God accurately. And that?s the ?vomit? that they would love you to return to

And thanks to everyone else for their responses. There are good ones that I didn't comment about. I love the sick humor, too. Sometimes if you can't laugh, you end up crying

After I wrote my short story, I actually spend a number of nights not being able to sleep well. But I'm glad that I did it. Sometimes you need to visit a dark place in order to move on in life

David

• Aztec
    Aztec

He makes Zeus look positively kind hearted.

~Aztec

• rem
    rem

If Jehovah existed he'd be really really mean.

rem

• sens
    sens
    He makes Zeus look positively kind hearted.

Just as well Zeus doesnt excist then

• barbar
    barbar

One thing that has been going through my mind recently is that god is the greatest "prick teaser" ever. I have tried to think of a better way to say it but can't. Humans have been led on for thousands of years believing that there is something better for them but they never quite reach it.

Life is full of promise and dreams which we rarely achieve. We have the ability, even a need to dream and wish for a better life, we get upset when either we or our family don't do well. Yet a god who can do something about it has not. He has left us to suffer.

I cannot think of a single good human being who would stand by and watch while people he loved suffered, he would do something immediately.

That makes me think that if a god exists he does not really care about us.

• sens
    sens

Barbar...yer i agree...I will never understand that one either

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Skiz,

What do I think of Jehovah? - Nothing!

This might help: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54769/795145/post.ashx#795145

Ian

• lurk
    lurk

yeah but frannie wasnt it moses who personally took a sword to the children left over after some isrealite attack? (remeber the bit where the women of another tribe were leading the isrealite men astry and moses harponed one bloke throught the privates then killed the rest of the tribe) some of the children were spared and moses got angry and killed them himself.

moses known as gods friend..how can ya even like the man

moses gods right hand man..the bible doesnt say how upset jehovah was when he did this..nope he was carrying out devine instruction.

i was always told that they were not kids they were PROBABLY up to 30 years old.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Who...?

ESTEE

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hey Skiz, this post of your was exactly the thought I had that finally got me to doubting the WTS. I just had a picture in my mind though. You've very tragically and vividly put it into words.

Thanks,

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit