Does fear control the JW's?

by beroea 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Fear of the Lord may be the beginning of wisdom, but it is certainly not the middle or the end.

Just as a small child may at first fear its parents, especially its father, with increasing maturity the child learns that fear is an inappropriate reaction to a loving father.

Individuals, as well as religions, who reverence fear as a motivator disclose their utter immaturity. And any religion that seeks overtly or covertly to influence their membership using fear as a motivator are not worthy of the attention of an intelligent, mature person.

Francois

• beroea
    beroea

I agree. Using fears to control others or followers are only telling that your words are weak and your personality as well

beroea

• Jang
    Jang

Flabby, your mum is still young. Some of the best advice given by others who have left after so long a time is to gradually make friends outside of the org by getting involved in a hobby, joining a garden club or literature club, or doing some study for something she has always been interested in, Other things are volunteering at a hospital or helping children etc etc ..... over a period of time she will have met and made friends and she can use these interests to gradually attend the KH less and less.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• nojw86
    nojw86

I agree with JanG, I volenteered at school helping children with homework, also libraries are great places , I love books on gardening, while sitting and reading you meet people who have your same interests, whichever your mom feels comfortable with she should start slow, wonderful people and things to make us happy are out there. Success with your mom. nojw

• patio34
    patio34

FlabbyCabby,

Ditto for the comments for your mum: I just left after 28 years 3 months ago. It's scary, but liberating and invigorating. There's plenty to do!

And welcome to the board!

Pat

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

a very good question Beroea!

I do agree with JT:

"...so as long as wt can keep it dark when it comes to info jw will continue to live in the FOG

but as we all know info is like the sunlight it burns away the FOG"

Let's hope in more sunlight ...

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• beroea
    beroea

I do hope for the sun but I'm not that sure about it

Beroea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit