Does fear control the JW's?

by beroea 16 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

Does fear control the jw’s?

I notice amount several jw that a deep kind of fear are a long time partner in the JW person. This combine with a at long times experience of ignoring facts is why many stays even they see a lot of changes from the Borg and sometimes even bad things

I have been thinking about which rules are basis in this conflict or paradox. It must be very fundamental because so many are doing it.

We sometimes stick to the lie and ignore the reality even the lie not even look good anymore. Sometimes we see this when we buy a house. Looking good at the front but a closer look later on shows a lot of thinks broken down. You start to repair. Go to the bank for more money. Continue to repair and go to the bank for even more money. At last you have put so much effort and money in the house so you have placed your self in a situation when you are unable to leave the house. Even you see that the project is hopeless you continue – you have been doing this for so long time. So what do you do?

As human being we try to paint the reality according to the picture we want to see. We paint and paint even it fall of because reality is not easy painting. The JW have been trying to paint for a long times and have even been able to do this with some kind of success. One of the main and strongest tools has been the FEAR. Many JWs shows a great level of fear of the BORG. You do know the Borg are strong and are willing to use the power. So most don’t speak at all about their deepest thoughts – only the words expected.

This means that when a JW look at the world and the reality he looks at is as been wrong according to the BORG painted picture in his mind. Almost every JW think that the picture or the images is the right thing and every thing besides this is wrong – a part of the world controlled be Satan and the entire evil things.

Most JW have learned to get the reality to fit to the painted one. They are as we say doing an assimilation to get things to fit. That’s the really sad thing of a JW and very hard to change - even inside you self - and are still a big part of the way of thinking even you have left and don’t consider yourself as a JW any more.

It’s a long process to make you free from the JW fear and the typical assimilation. To turn this around and start to look - and also act - at the realty and the facts are not easy. To do this you have to be strong and that’s what JW normally aren’t. Only a few JW are able to stand up and speak for them self. JW are always speaking in groups and says the same things (read: What have been told to speak).

What are your experience and/or opinion?

Beroea

• larc
    larc

Beroea,

I think you are right, and I think your analogy to a house and what you put into it is a good one. It is very dificult for people to admit they made a big mistake. They tend to want to invest more to make their original decsion a correct one.

Thank you for your insightful comments.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think fear controls everyone. It is possibly the strongest primal force within us since it plays such a continuously necessary role in our survival.

What differs from person to person are the choices we make regarding our fears. One person runs, another fights, another sublimates.

I was telling my JW mother just yesterday that I had recently been having some problems with my nerves because of job issues. Her immediate response was, well, you know where you can go to feel better. I found it fascinating.

True, going to the Kingdom Hall is a way of dealing with ones fears and it is clearly quite effective for a large number of people. I think what happens eventually is that a proportion of these people grow personally and say to themselves, you know, there are other ways that are more effective in dealing with the parts of my reality I don't like, that getting in there and trying to change them ourselves.

Its clearly a completely different mind set.

ohugs

Joel

• JT
    JT

THERE IS book called "Emotional Blackmail"

it shows that for many folks they live in

FOG:

F----FEAR
    O----OBLIGATION
    G----GUILT

And as we all know that when it is dark the fog will hang around for ever , yet the moment sunlight hits it -- it dissappears

same with WT keeping it's members in the dark in terms of info on the net - allowing it's adults to read and examine information freely to see if it stands or falls when held up to thier beliefs is forbidden

if you go to barnes and noble site and look at the reviews of rays' book you will see that many jw dogged the book

what is most interesting is the fact that one poster pointed out for all NONJW who read the reviews that the "Loyal" who are dogging rays book would be raked across the coals like children by thier very own faith for merely reading the book

it is so sad to see a person not GET THE POINT

they have read a book that if caught in thier home would result in them being kicked out and yet they fail to see that is it not a little strange that your faith would kick you out regardless of whethter you agreed with rays' book or not - but for merely reading it

i showed the review comments to some NONJW here at work and reminded them that these same guys if CAUGHT WOULD BE SHAFTED

so as long as wt can keep it dark when it comes to info jw will continue to live in the FOG

but as we all know info is like the sunlight it burns away the FOG

JAMES

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)."

• beroea
    beroea

Instead of fear love should be the tools. But is's not. So sad!

beroea

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Beroea,

Where is your fear of God?

• nojw86
    nojw86

JW have never feared God, he can forgive , but it is the organization and their unforgiving laws thats cloths them in fear.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

nojw86,

There is a proper fear of God.

• beroea
    beroea

I wasn't talking about fear of God at all. Only about fear of man.

beroea

• FlabbyCabby
    FlabbyCabby

The biggest fear they have is loneliness.My mother has been a witness
    for thirty years and has slowly come to realize that her life has been wasted.She excepts that the religion she gave her life to now offers her nothing....except routine.She knows nothing else but this life!If she left she would lose every friend she had.We often sit together and chat about mundane things but we always end up discussing the pro's and con's of leaving the "truth".She looks into my eyes every time and says, "but what would I do?"She's right, what would she do??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit