Can anyone here tell me anything about this group?

by WildHorses 14 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
  • flower
    flower

dunno but it looks like a religion. religion sucks.

• morty
    morty

Wildhorses,

Not sure what you wanted to know but, my children attend their youth group every tuesday and Friday...it is not all that religous to me...My kids like it more for the Awana Olympics....They have won the gold medals 3 times in a row now....there is not whole lot of god pushed there....Hope this will help a little

• gumby
    gumby

Taken from the page provided:

? Most people who trust Christ as their Savior make this decision during childhood. In fact, only eight percent of those over 50 say they decided to trust Christ as Savior after turning 50.

Hmmmmmmm

Gumby

I think the charitable things they do is great and they have many HEALTHY activities.......but I can't agree with the religious part.

Gumby

• Mulan
    Mulan

I worked for a couple (cleaned their house) who were very involved in Awana. It was something through their church and they went to Awana retreats and marriage counseling. It's some connection to a Christian church.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to this post. I was wondering about the group because my daughter went with some of her friends to a Church meeting and came back with some things from this group.

What made me wonder about them was this...

Ministry Agreement

The Awana Ministry Agreement (shown below) is an agreement between Awana Clubs International and the church that enables the church to use Awana programs. By signing the agreement, a church indicates that its Awana Club ministry will present the Awana materials without omission. Our doctrinal positions are based solely on the uncompromising teaching of God's Word. Carefully look over the Awana Doctrinal Statement to determine if your church can present and support Awana materials faithfully in your Awana ministry. If you have questions or wish to start an Awana Club in your church, contact your Awana missionary or fill out our inquiry form.

I'm just a little cautious when it comes to anything dealing with any religion these days. Thanks for the comments so far.

• morty
    morty

you have a pm

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Our doctrinal positions are based solely on the uncompromising teaching of God's Word.

eerily familiar...

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I'm skeptical of any group that claims the Bible is inerrant. (sp?)

• JeffT
    JeffT

We have an Awana group at our chuch. I well see if I can dig up some more information for you when I have a minute. I know that it is an independent group not connected to any one church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit