Is My Wife Awakening?

by My Name is of No Consequence 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ AudeSapere and respectful_observer:

Those are pretty good points. I wonder if I can find where she is getting her info from without setting off alarm bells. Maybe I will just let it play out.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Let it play out. Stay back...... nod in agreement...... but let her walk the path out without you poking her in the arse to go faster.

Based on what you said she will get there on her own.

Start planning for a new life together. Vacations,visits to family or friends. Movies or theater, dining out together, holidays..... just using the down time to do some stuff together. Start shifting the conversation to mutual interests as if the 'truth' doesn't exist.

A new reality for her....... a stronger partnership for you.

As she empties out that murky bucket of 'truth' you need to fill it up with fresh water.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MY NAME IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE:

While this is good news, go slowly and carefully as others have said!

As for your wife’s remark that “pioneers are dismayed that nobody is helping them in the congregations” - well..good. I guess people felt there was something radically wrong with a religion that knocks college and careers - but imagines people will be idiot enough to give their hard-earned money so somebody ELSE can leisurely go around ringing doorbells, going on coffee breaks and special gatherings!

As somebody who was viewed negatively because I worked full time, I never gave so much as a dime to these deadbeat pioneers! Now it seems that even their so-called spiritual friends aren’t greasing their palms either! Looks like there is trouble in JW la la land.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    • Those are pretty good points. I wonder if I can find where she is getting her info from without setting off alarm bells. Maybe I will just let it play out.

@MNIONC: Perhaps an alternative is to include something very specific in a post here or on Reddit that only she would recognize as coming from you. It could be something as innocuous as something she was wearing when she said something to you. For all you know she could be dropping all this topics in the hope you "out" yourself to her which will then give her the safe zone to open up more.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

We really haven't talked about the org for a few days. But when she is ready to bring it back up, I will be all ears!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit