This is why I'm Disappointed....

by Nickey 80 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AMEN to simon.... I will try to abide ...... me too

• onacruse
    onacruse

Simon:

One thing that we do need (given that there are typically between 1,000 and 1,500 posts a day) is for people to point things out to us. If someone is being aggressive or unpleasant to someone then let us know and that way, we can try and do something about it while it's happening. I'm working on a moderator alert feature to make this easier.

fwiw, I would like to say that the majority of "moderator" decisions I've made have been in response to p/m-s or IM-s from other posters, and oftentimes in conjunction with concurrent feedback from one or more other moderators.

In Utopia, we'd all moderate ourselves according to the ethic of the community. But in the meantime, we need to watch out for each other...I've had a couple posts deleted recently (by whom, I don't know, and it doesn't matter to me), but I thank whoever did it! Sometimes our emotions take over the keyboard

Sincerely,

Craig

• Nickey
    Nickey

Oh... I lost this thread and forgot. *lol* Thank you to all of ya'll for the advice and comments. Looks like I've missed a whole page and will have to read it.

But as for Mouthy:

I never took offense to you because I always notice that you put forth things that I can learn from and I sense your love and concern for others. You tell your story and try to give a message to others... so I respect that.

I have a sense of humor and joke around alot. It's more so those (like some I've seen) who do so for pure entertainment and bad will. No other reason but to hate and be negative. That was my only gripe. But just like the real world... I guess you just have to step over those like that, and try and grab a hand of someone they knocked down while you're at it.

Stacy: I did get that "fag" thread. I knew the joke behind it and glad it was locked. So, I see the mods are at least trying. Godda give them credit for that.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Nickey, you've said kinder words, meaning if it were me, I would be dropping A bombs! I agree with your observations and you have every right to express them. You know, you can be a positive force on this forum, have you thought about it?

Guest 77

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    So, I see the mods are at least trying. Godda give them credit for that.

I agree Nickey, that was a good one to lock. I give the mods "ona" credit for that one.

Then we have other threads locked after a mod makes a final comment so he can get the last word in. Real mature there chief. You get your slant but no one else does.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Well, to be honest... I've seen that as well. I've also been "chastised" and told not to post in a thread. But, I believe I'm too headstrong to just lay down and comply like that...

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I agree with you whole heartedly James. Many of us here had no choice but to attend meetings and go in field service till we were an age to leave the house and live our own lives. Because I was raised as a JW I did not go to college because it was wrong to do then. I was laughed at at school because I would be forced to knock on my schoolmates doors over the weekends with my parents selling them books and magazines. I had no social life in school (dating, proms, school activities) thus socially I was as naive as Joe Buck from Midnight Cowboy. My parents never bought me the latest in fashions thus I was laughed at school for that. My Mother use to brag to all the nieghborhood bullies mothers I was a virgin at seventeen giving the local bullies more ammunition to attack me. After a failed career at Bethel and Pioneering what was I to do for work since I didn't go to college?

Can anyone blame me or any ex witness for attacks and jokes thus?

It may be the only way we can let out or frustration at our families and the JW's. I can still have a good debate with any JW as to why the total belief system is based on false facts and lies. But who cares? Its more fun laughing then crying.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Laughing and joking is fine. But not when it's to intentionally hurt other people. That's the main point I'm getting at.

And if you know the pain of being joked on and how you were treated as a young JW... why turn around and put the SAME pain on someone else? Be mad at your parents or schoolmates then. A virgin at 17? I was a virgin until I was 19.. and glad. But everybody get's joked on for that. Whatever... but going around like a raging bull puffing and laughing in people's faces who you don't even know... or their situation... that's my beef.

That's my point I'm making.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Nickey:

But not when it's to intentionally hurt other people.

(emphasis added).

Exactly.

Craig

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I have never laughed at anyone who regrets joining the JW's. I however wonder why the hell they would, especially when I was a youth who wished I didn't have to go. My humour is directed more at the organization at those who in the org. who can be classified as "lifers". I however have never laughed at someone who's been hurt by the org., in fact having much sympathy and empathy for such individuals, such as several of my friends who I served with in Bethel who had nervous breakdowns while I was in Bethel.

BTW, I was a virgin till 20, and I was not embarrassed about it, I was embarresed that my Mother would tell the whole fu*&ing neighborhood about my personal business and when I protested my Fathers response was "SHUT UP"!!

Can you all see why I turned to drugs for relief and escape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit