I voted today

by RunningMan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Rick: Read the article very carefully. It is written for outsiders. Insiders realize that nothing has changed.

It says that voting is up to your concience. However, a Christian's properly trained concience will lead them to not vote. In other words:

Old policy: Voting is wrong. If you do it, God will kill you.

New policy: Voting is up to your concience. Your concience bloody well better tell you not to vote. If you do it, God will kill you.

I had an elder specifically point out to me that this article did not change the policy.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I don't beleive that runningman. I think the WTS wants a bet in both directions. The acticule says, that "no one should critizise her' which I would assume it also means "no one should Disfellowship her" either. As in many cases the WTS are not clear and want it boths ways. so as to keep the flock in order.

regards

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    New policy: Voting is up to your concience. Your concience bloody well better tell you not to vote. If you do it, God will kill you

yep, sounds about right.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That's right, you will not be disfellowshipped for voting. Just like taking a blood transfusion or joining the military. To DF a person for voting or joining the military would make half of the governments in the world go ballistic.

However, if you do one of the above mentioned things, you are showing by your actions that you no longer wish to be a JW, and are automatically considered to have disassociated yourself.

"If an individual takes a course contrary to the neutral position of the Christian congregation, the congregation is compelled to view him as one who has chosen to separate from us." - Pay Attention to Yourselves and to all the Flock (Secret Elder's Manual) page 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit