I voted today

by RunningMan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I have gone and done it. I voted today in our provincial election. I am no longer a voting virgin. I was always told that voting in an election was casting a ballot for Satan's old system of things. But, I didn't see that option listed on the ballot. So, I asked the girls at the desk if maybe there was a misprint, because I didn't see Satan listed anywhere. They made a comment about who is allowed to vote these days, but I didn't quite catch it all.

• Enishi
    Enishi

Good job. RunningMan. I've been planning to vote as well when the next presidential election comes around.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I voted yesterday for my local mayor and on some other issues.

Felt good!

out

• rocketman
    rocketman

I voted yesterday too, for the first time. Satan's name, alas, was missing from ballots in the eastern US too.

http://blogs.salon.com/0001963 for my voting experience.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My wife and I voted as well. We did the absentee ballot thing. Woo hoo! We're so bad!

• franklin J
    franklin J

Good show!

now you are one step closer to being a "real person" and a real member of the community!

good for you!

• Panda
    Panda

Panda does the happy dance for runningman .... yippee ....

You will enjoy joining the rest of the world in making personal decisions. Glad you've made it this far.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Congratulations, runningman. A step in being part of determining your own life.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, someone has to keep the communists at bay.

Those of you who know Saskatchewan politics will know what I mean.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Don't you guys know that its OK for a JW to vote now !

have a look at Nov 1st 1999 "Questions from readers." go to www.jwfiles.com there's a copy there. Look at the selections

on the front. It seems its OK to vote for satan's system. I personally think they change this thought because of the eastern block countries,

in the western countries, alot don't really care about voting, but in the eastern countries the former USSR, people there die for the right to vote. And in came some religion saying its from satan !!

any way.. thats my little but for today

thank you world

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit