Most witness's don't even look at the pictures in their books.

by Singing Man 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I think the point here is that the basic tide that kids learn while being raised a witness is that God is or should be a God of kindness and love, not a God of death and pain as viewed through pictures or other descriptions. Like describing blood being up to the stirrups of horses and so forth, "holding back the four winds of destruction, on and on and on...

Oh, I am not insane from what I learned from being raised a Witness but I could have had a much better outlook on God than I do now if I would have been directed to a better view of him as a child.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Blondie, you are so funny!

Also, this picture...yikes! I bet the US government would be interested in this one:

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Thanks SanFranciscoJim for the picture, the one in the Paradise book would be good along side of this to show how they still have a sick out look on what kids should veiw about the world around them.

Its one thing to let your kids knowing see such things on the TV at a tender age, and quite a diferent matter to have them see it represented in the name of God or in the place where they go to worship God. As the Witness books do so well.

• Blue
    Blue

What really angers me is how the Watchtower people are so happy and don't care about God murdering all those innocent people. I can see the reaction from my own daughter. Even when she is with me on my time the Witnesses sure do somehow put their negative thoughts into her. They certainly are good at breaking up families. I hope and pray there are many law suits against them and their fear teachings.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Blue,

The lawsuits are happening but it will take a lot of time to get justice..........................

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since we are on the subject of pictures.....

I went to the Sunday Watchtower study one day in the mid-to-late '80s (well, as we did every week), and I sat next to a brother I was friends with. There was a picture of an Israelite man drinking water out of a jug. And I turned the picture on its side and lo and belong there was a scary picture of a skull right there in the magazine! I almost jumped out of my seat. I showed it to my friend and he said he saw it too. He studied it for a while and then pointed something else out to me -- that the teeth had the letters "J," "A," and "H". I thought about that the whole time but was too scared to mention it to an elder after the meeting. It was one of many things that made me stop and wonder about this organization....

Leolaia

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

look at the pictures, heck most don't even read the publications either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit