Most witness's don't even look at the pictures in their books.

by Singing Man 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mac
    Mac

Hell, I loved the pics.....it was the succession of little black markings that followed that caused me angst! mac, of the can't format my posts right now class :0

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey
    all the 'demon' talk did...I had nightmares till I was about/around 16...that was what truly had a HUGE impact on me.

i still have demon nightmares..... but where i used to wake up screaming god's name i refuse in my dreams...... and the demons don't end up being that bad.....

melissa

• fin-pun
    fin-pun

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/2F6E9536-4AA7-41E7-9619-AFA6C89D7B64.ashx

From the new book "Learning from the Great Teacher". Nice reading moments to kids...

• be wise
    be wise

Where would the Watchtower be if they couldn't scare people with the fear thing?

I think this is one of the most stomach turning things about this organisation - how they prey on children and people who are depressed or in need of something and give them this.

Most believing JW's hang on regardless of what they teach because they think God is 'using it' for better or for worse. I'm not 'relgious' anymore but I hope they don't lose there faith when the cracks really show and it all falls apart.

• Nickey
    Nickey

The children are the main one's who look at the images... they are like sponges. And it sticks with you because I still remember. I think it contributed alot to my sleeping problems as a child... and even an adult.

• be wise
    be wise

My brother who still follows the WTS used to think he was being attacked by demons as a child and woke up a lot due to it, it was very scarey cos I shared a room with him. Once he thought they were all over his body. We all had problems like this in our family but he got it the worst. I can't believe the pictures they especially put in books for children.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Singing Man:

Here is a whole gallery of photos, and some quotes as well:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/pictures.htm

Voyager

• pudd
    pudd

just wanted to say "thanks". my mother in law who is still very active as a witness gave each of my 3 children (ages 2, 4, 7, ) a copy of the new childrens book after the last convention. I am ashamed to say I didn't bother to look at it that closely and just let the kids have them. I think I will just go and discreatly remove them from thier book shelves!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my recollection , the Witnesses look at the pictures in great detail, even to the point of reading too much into them, as if it were a prophetic revelation rather than the result of someone in the art department who was not a writer. "Hey, do you see that man driving a tractor in the New World?"

Lazy Watchtower Study Conductors invite a discussion of the pictures so as to fill up time

As to pictures of Armageddon? yes they look and appreciate them. Just so their sorry backsides are saved to live in paradise, why care about the 90% of mankind turned into organic fertilizer?, Just do enough of the ministry so as to qualify for life and ### the rest

Looking back, I find it incredible that we could calmly discuss such things , even joke about it. I suppose that is the group mentality

• blondie
    blondie

If JWs don't read the articles and don't look at the pictures.....

Actually, many WT conductors make a big point of discussing the pictures, an op for the kiddies. As Bluesbrother says, many use it as what to predict what the new system will be like.

There is one where a woman is climbing a ladder with a skirt on. I commented that It had to be drawn by a man because no Christian woman would climb a ladder and give everyone a view of her underwear. That got a few laughs and a grimace from the conductor. I see women wearing high heels in the grass, also wearing a skirt, at a picnic. Then I commented the artist again had to be a man if he expected any woman to wear high heels to a picnic. The sisters really laughed at that one.

They have had tractors in the field; a boy fishing, and mown grass whenever paradise is depicted. Once the conductor asked what the picture told us about paradise. I said the the brothers would be mowing a lot of grass which was hard to imagine since it was so hard to get volunteers to mow the KH grass....

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit