Who was your best friend at the Kingdom Hall, where are they now ???

by run dont walk 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

My best JW friend attended school with me and later college too. After he got married and moved out of the area we hardly saw each other. Nearly 20 years later I heard he had gotten divorced, lost his house, had been badly beaten up (hospitalized) and was living with his parents again. I wrote a letter and offered him a vacation and a free return airline ticket to the US. He never wrote back (maybe because I'm apostate...who knows?). I asked my mother recently, who is in the same cong' as his parents, what the recent situation was. He is in his own place, not working (other health issues) and is living with a foul-mouthed (my mother's words) 18 year old girl.

I doubt my parents would ever have told me about my friend. I heard from someone else some details that my parents weren't aware of and once I asked they were obliged to tell me the whole sorry tale. I guess in my parent's eyes, despite my "falling away", my divorce and marrying a much younger woman, (Mrs Thirdson is 16 years younger than me) I haven't turned out too bad and the daughter in-law they hardly know, the Satan worshipping, Christendom member, college educated, director of a community services non-profit org and step-mom isn't quite as bad as they once thought. At least in comparison!!!

Thirdson

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

My best friend was Janeen.

I know she got married and had a kid. We were both out, but sort of lost touch. I heard she moved and is trying to attend meetings. I have her mom's phone number I often think of calling and asking for her new phone number. I think her mom would give it to me, but I don't know for sure..and if she is back going to meetings...

I miss her something awful. I keep hoping to see her pop up here, but it's doubtful.

• morty
    morty

I did not have any so called "best" friends but had some good friends..The only one I have contact with is here on this forum with me....(((vicki)))....

Mortons68

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit