Who was your best friend at the Kingdom Hall, where are they now ???

by run dont walk 22 Replies latest jw friends

• starfish422
    starfish422

I had two; one female and one male.

The woman was a regular pioneer, about 3 years older than me (so she was about 21 when I left) and had just gotten engaged to a pioneer brother (the most boring person I've ever met - dull as dishwater) when I was plotting my escape. She asked me to be her maid of honour; which I accepted. A few weeks later I made my grand exit; in several phone conversations, she asked me whether I still wanted to be her maid of honour. After I deflected the question for a couple of weeks, we had our final phone conversation in which she told me she had asked someone else to be her MOH. That was the last time I spoke to her, July 1993. She married her pioneer that November, and they now live not too far away from me. I haven't even run into her or seen her anywhere in that time, although I did pass her husband on the sidewalk a couple of years ago.

The man was...well, really special to me. He is now a special pioneer in the Dominican Republic. I haven't seen him since June, 1993, at an anniversary party he and his siblings threw for their parents. Last time we saw each other we played table tennis together. Stupid things you remember. He often shows up in my dreams; usually the ones that take place at my old KH.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I had 2 best friends.

I don't have the slitest clue where they are and how they are doing. I didn't really get along with the little girl that much beccause for no reason she would pull my hair and it would get ruined and I got really mad...lol... No one touches the hair!

~*!ChimChim-Waffle-Tush!*~

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

There was a MS I would go drinking with, but I wouldn't exactly say we were friends.

Walter

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The best friend I had in the KH got disfellowshipped and moved back to my city. We keep in contact every once in a while.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

my little sis was one of my best friends. she's still super-dub. my other best friend was a girl i've been friends with since i was 2 years old. we lost touch wehn we turned 18, but we've started talking again recently, yay! she still goes to meetings occasionally, but whattayagonnado

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Not a single one. As I started school I had a few friends right off the bat, especially Jill (worldly 5 yr old - hehe). Then my mom started studying and phttttt, out with friends in with witness kids. Only the witness kids were pretty scarce and not really best friend material. So, all the years I went to the hall not one single real friend.

• Panda
    Panda

Lois Hardaway was my best friend. She reg.pio., was a few years older, and I felt like I belonged to her family. At my graduation she called me her child. I still get teary eyed when I think of how the WTS has manipulated her so that she won't speak to me. I haven't seen or heard from her in 6 years. She had always told me that the only thing that would keep her from me was if I left the truth. I do miss my old chosen family, very much. It makes me sick to know how thier lives are so stunted now, closed up like they are suffocating.

• fulano
    fulano

My best friend came in the religion in 1985, an ex-drugaddict, we kept in touch during all the time I was in the Dominican republic, now he left the truth as well and we see each other daily, smoking Cohiba and drinking..He is a very successfull painter at this moment. http://www.kwinkart.nl

• shamus
    shamus

DFNONJW,

I know what you mean. There are not many "friends" to make in the KH. They were either self-rightcheous idiots (read: ELDERS BOYS), or total dweebs (STAR-TREK GOOFUSES). I just hated having witness friends after a while. They made me sick.

I found a few in a hall when I moved, like I said, but they're friendship was very shallow. It was very dependant, if you know what I mean? Just what the dubs like to teach...

I got tired of the "friendship" and left them too. I don't need fair-weather friends. Now I'm apostate according to one of them. See? I did the right thing.

• Gadget
    Gadget

MY best fried was called stephen *****, we used to do verything together. we used to argue about stuff to do with the wittnesses, he always used to say I was more spiritual than him because of the fact that I thought about things more deeply than him. We were more than just friend, we were quite often mistaken for brothers, but we were closer than that. Even after I was df'd we would quite often call round to see each other to make sure we were ok, and do a lot of things to help each other. but since he found outI was posting on here I have not seen him. He has told everybody if he see's me he is going to give me such a good hiding. I don't think he wouyld be able to do tyhat, but he works where I get to spend my every dinner hour. I dopn't wnat to have to fight my friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit