The pushing berween the K of N and K of S

by Kosonen 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The BRICS summit was big this year. New member states were added.

Interesting that they call themselves the Global South. Plain and simple, the King of the South from Daniel's book is in the end time what is called the Global South.

And the Global North are the countries tied to NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

North and South.

Unfortunately the WT organization has got it wrong applying the King of the North to Russia.

The BRICS view themselves as representatives of the Global South.

In a recent Chinese youtube news chanel CGTN, they speak about the struggle between the Global South and the Global North. I find it awesome that they use these denominations, because it fits so well on the struggle between the King of the North and the King of the South.

https://youtu.be/OY5kwjJ0sPg?si=40FEmkvjBUP9m6Rg

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the terms, Global South and the Global North.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_North_and_Global_South

• awakeanddevotedtoChrist
    awakeanddevotedtoChrist

Interesting...How many members are in the BRICS now?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

The WT always conjectures what is meant by what prophesy...and they especially like to put themselves at the forefront of some of the prophesies so as to gain control over people. ( I need to check out the video )

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Wikipedia:

BRICS is a grouping of the world economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa

In August 2023, at the 15th BRICS Summit, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates had been invited to join the bloc. Full membership will take effect on 1 January 2024.[11][12]

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

https://www.reuters.com/world/key-facts-about-brics-2023-summit-2023-08-07/

Invitations to attend the summit were also extended to 67 leaders across Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Caribbean, South African Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor said.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No matter how one looks at it, it’s the fulfillment of prophecy. United States and allies (unipolar) vs. Sino-Russia and followers (multipolar), to give rise to a bipolar world (Dan. 2:41; 11:40; cf. 1 Peter 1:19-21).

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I wasn't following really closely as I was also working, there was a reporter talking about the brics ( which I understand better because of your posting,) putting together their own currency in what? opposition/competition with the $. Which if you think about that, it makes the prophesy of the kings make more sense. One way the BRICS hope to push back is with their own currency. ( something like that )

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Yes, the developing BRICS situation is interesting.

The bloc is expanding. They want to create a rival international currency to the global dominance of the US dollar on markets (mainly for political interests, of course, particular as China and Russia see themselves very much in competition with the old powers of the US, UK and Western Europe). India has just put a rover on the moon (despite still receiving millions of pounds in aid from the UK!)

The US is already concerned about the economic power of China; the NATO and AUKUS powers are resisting both Russia and China's military ambitions; India and China have the largest populations in the world, and India's young especially are on the move; China and Russia are extending their influence in Asia, Africa and South America.

I don't think BRICS will achieve lasting greatness as a power bloc as those nations themselves are not internally as robust or as united as the UK and USA were when they rose to power in their respective times, but it will be interesting to see how far they can go. TBH, their union doesn't even really need to be that successful, just enough to concern the 'old world' powers so much that it influences their behaviour too. And those current and former world powers themselves are not as stable as they once were either, with and the USA, UK and EU suffering a lot of internal political upheaval and crises of identity over issues like migration, and even things like gender politics.

Lots of potential for future clashes - diplomatically and economically at least - between the two groups of nations.

As to which is King of the North, biblically speaking, and which King of the South, that's difficult to say.

It could be as easy as and the Global North=KoN and Global South=KoS, but remember two things: 1) those 'kings' originally got their designation from where they were in relation to the nation of Israel (north of the country or south of it), but came to represent two styles of government - KoN more militaristic and ruthless, KoS more superficially diplomatic and democratic. So by that, it would seem most of nations in (or invited to join) BRICS are more like the KoN in style.

Also, wouldn't it be a delicious irony and not surprising of the lying and deceitful nature of Satan's world, for the designations to be reversed? (Global North=KoS and Global South=KoN)

So I think the jury's out on which is which until we see more of how relations between the two blocs develop.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I think this IMF projection bothers the West.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Or maybe it's all just bollocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit