What was the first computer you ever owned?

by Nosferatu 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What was the first computer you ever owned? For me it was the TRS-80 Model 1. I bought it for $10 at a second hand store when I was 10 years old. Took me forever to find info on the thing, an manual, and a patchcord to hook up a cassette deck. I never could find floppy drives for it.

LOL!

I also owned the following:

Commodore Vic-20
    Commodore 64
    Timex Sinclair
    ZX81 (same shit as the timex, different package)
    Commodore 16
    Commodore CBM
    Coleco Adam
    Tandy 1000
    TRS-80 Model IV (very briefly)

There's probably more that I can't remember at the moment. All went out the door when I bought myself a 386 SX25 at a computer sale for $20. However, I still cherish my Commodore 64. Just for the record, I also had a Commodore typewriter for a brief time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Geez, running off a cassette tape. I got in late. My first one was a 8088 or 8086 clone.

SS

• Emma
    Emma

It was an Atari but you're too young to remember them!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    It was an Atari but you're too young to remember them!

Not true. I remember seeing them around, but they never really caught my interest.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

An IBM 286. Sold it to an 86 year old woman who wanted it to type letters to her 90 year old sister.

• rem
    rem

I finally threw away my first computer a couple weeks ago. I loved that Commodore 64. I wrote so many BASIC programs for that thing... I even wrote a billing application to calculate my brother's and my allowance for the week. Oh memories. Had almost every peripheral - mouse, datassette, commodore 1802 monitor, 1541 floppy drive, disk doubler notch puncher, GEOS 1 and 2... so many pirated games...

The only thing I didn't have was a modem. That's the only thing that kept me from being a little hacker fiend at the time. I remember I wanted an Amiga so bad. Sigh...

alt

rem

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ZX81 for me -what a pile of shit it was too

• Panda
    Panda

It was in 1992, 386 something or other or was it 286? I remember that it was a dot matrix printer BUT had color!!! It took hours to print anything and forget the internet. I could walk away clean the house come back and a web site would still be dowloading. That was 4 pc's and a laptop ago.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i *just* bought my first computer! i know, i'm a geek!!! it's a dell, i don't remember what the numbers are...4600, 46000, something like that. my dad had a computer when i was a kid but it was probably some lame Apple computer. we're talking early nineties here :-P

• Simon
    Simon

he hey ... I had a Tandy TRS "Trash" 80 as well !

I've had so many other machines since I probably can't remember them all but I definitely remember the first one (kind of like your first car is't it?)

Ah ... level 3 BASIC ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit