Has Being A Jehovah's Witness Scarred You For Life???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

run don't walk, Christian Longo could have been your father....

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah---What Blondie said.

• Lutece
    Lutece

I think the whole experience gives me a better understanding of others and I'm bolder about living my life. Freedom is sweeter for those who have experienced being caged. Nobody has a perfect life, that's a myth. Learn from the past and make the most of the present/future. What else can you do?

Anne

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I agree about the moving on part. Its just that sometimes I have bad dreams about the unpleasant aspects of my youth and usually in the winter I feel sadder and dwell on these past negatives experiences causing me to sleep and drink more.

There is nothing that can be done about changing the past but sometimes I have thought about speaking to a proffessional about these things but then I think it may be a waste of time and money. I try to think of the funny stuff that happened to me as well. Such as one day when walking with my father one of the neighborhood kids called me riding in the front seat of his fathers car. Being 5 years old I thought that this was the coolest thing in the world! So I asked my Father why didn't we have a car and his response nasty as usual was "because cars dont give everlasting life!"

Can you imagine what a statement like this means to a 5 year old and that 30 years later I remember that as if it happened right now.

• minimus
    minimus

I think some people on this board might be better served getting some professional help. I would not think this would be a waste of time or money. A number who have posted here have done just that and have successfully moved on in their lives!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit