Is There Any Thing That Would Make A JW SERIOUSLY Question Their Religion?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I realize that Jehovah’s Witnesses have been dumbed down for long time now.

Still, I think there must be something that would make them really question their beliefs, even their life.

I think that if Witnesses were told they could take blood or that disfellowshipping was unloving, they might stop and take a hard look at everything they have sacrificed their lives for.

i know the Organization has muddled these subjects before but the I think even die hard Witnesses might start to second guess the Governing Body.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There's nothing that will make every JW that knows it question. The cult finds different footholds in every member's mind. Most JWs probably could be moved to question things if they picked up the right bit of information, but it's anyone's guess what that might be. It's a personal connection...what works for one person is completely dismissed by the next. That's why it's so difficult to wake someone up - you have to know what holds them in first - just telling them what did it for you is unlikely to have the same effect.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

The only thing that I think could pooooossibly do it for everyone would be if they received "new light" that shone there's no hope for a paradise earth. That's the carrot that everyone's following.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's down to individuals. There is no single formula for 'wake up'.

It's often once the R&F cult member experiences the hateful treatment so inherent within the cult, that they begin to question if it's from god.

A bit of research reveals what a life threatening money grabbing scam it all is.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The only thing that I think could pooooossibly do it for everyone would be if they received "new light" that shone there's no hope for a paradise earth. That's the carrot that everyone's following.

There could be new light that said that it was all a bullshit scam made up by 7 lunatics and some still wouldn't leave - they'd set up a spinnoff group. Similar things have happened before.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

All of us questioned and got out, didn't we? We aren't Superior to anyone who still is a JW.... we're just in a different life phase and/or lucky that our right buttons were pushed at the right time...

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

As most have told here, its a variable on every individual. But for Everyone, deep in their hearts, would have some doubts, cognitive dissonance or discomfort about the "Truth", that may always disturb them.

If we could tap that, and constantly kindle it, I think we may succeed in waking them up

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

At this point, I don't think anything is going to make the remaining JWs look seriously at their religion. I'm inclined to believe most of the thinking people are either out or are in the process of heading for the door.

Some remaining people are either trapped or it SUITS them to stay in the religion and they will not leave no matter what scandals occur or whatever is taught IMO.

• minimus
    minimus

For many it’s hopeless

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I doubt that there's much belief-wise that would make a JW question their allegiance. When people become JW's they buy into an entire life-style. It was only when the entire life-style failed to suit me that I started to question the beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit