I had to DF my brother a few days ago!

by cyberguy 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I had to DF my brother a few days ago! I'm REALLY depressed now! You don't know how much! I just wanted to visit him and my family late December. Anyway, he said, "WE DON?T WANT YOU HERE!" I asked, "WHY," and he said, "because you have negative feelings toward the organization!"

Well, I told him, "if this is the way you fell about me, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, CALL ME AGAIN!" Then, I hung up the phone! Oh yea, just before I hung-up, he wanted further proof as to why I was so unhappy; so I mentioned that the Society had previously joined the UN for 10 years!" He asked, "Are you listening to apostates NOW?" I answered, "NO, but there's a few 'apostates' in Brooklyn, I'd like to tell you about!" "If you don't believe me, then call the UN yourself, CALL THE UN, CALL THE UN! Then, call the Service Department! I'll give you the numbers if you wish!"

Well, I think this was a bit of a shock to him. Furthermore, I mentioned I had sent, some time ago, a letter to XXX XXXXX (GB-member)! And that the Society's position was/is, that they joined to get a "library card." Well, he was speechless (yes, I've never mentioned this to him in the past. I'm usually mute when it comes to my feelings about Watchtower, at least around family).

Actually, I believe his current position is a result of my last visit. When I visited last, he extensively poked, prodded, harassed, and harangued me (in private... I never initiated such a discussion) to ask me why I was so unhappy, knowing full-well, that I had some ill-feelings toward "The Watchtower..." organization (I did tell him I have few complaints about the local congregation of JW's, but have grave-concerns about "headquarters" -- ok, I'm an "old timer").

Part of our conversation centered on the "governing body" and how they were appointed. He said, "they were appointed DIRECTLY by Christ Jesus!" I asked him, "where did you see that?" He said, "The Watchtower?" Of course, he was right, "The Watchtower?" did say that the GB is DIRECTLY appointed by Christ! So I then asked him, "HOW were they appointed? WHEN were they appointed? WHERE were they appointed?" "Did Christ materialize a body, appear to them, then appoint them in-person?" "Or rather, perhaps it was by a vision!" "Or maybe he walked through a wall, appeared in the GB-meeting-room in Brooklyn!" "Shouldn't they have at least called CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN when it happened? Surely they would want everyone to know about their appointment."

Anyway, you get the point! Well, my brother didn't know how to answer, DUH! Yet, he's now going to judge me based on my concerns! Anyway, I'm a bit depressed right now. I wasn't expecting to loose my brother, at least at this point, over all this crap! But maybe in the long run, this is the best thing that could have happened! Now I can move beyond the "Watchtower?" realizing that I don't have to please my brother, his wife and kids.

An (almost-X)JW-friend called me today (a very dear friend of mine), wanting to make sure I wasn?t going to hang myself. I talked previously with him about what had happened. I told him I had thought about hanging myself, but that I haven't gotten to that point (yet)! Besides, MY BROTHER is the one that is taking this ridiculous position, NOT ME! He's just ass-kissing "The Watchtower?" his GOD (THE WATCHTOWER-GOD, WATCHTOWER?BAAL), the book publishing corporation (or rather isn?t it the 8+ corporations?at least, one incarnation is: "Christian Congregation, INC!" ? gag-me!).

Anyway, my dear friends, I?m a bit depressed! Please give me a little support here, a little comfort, perhaps a little consolation! I need it now!

In advance, I thank everyone here! Simon, THANKS for this board! It's been a real support!

Cyberguy!

• flower
    flower

(((((((((((cyberguy)))))))))))))

its like talking to a brick wall hon....i'm glad you were able to stand up and tell your brother all that stuff you were feeling. it takes guts knowing there is no way they will open their eyes to see the truth.

hang in there..we know how you feel

flower

• garybuss
    garybuss

In 1992 I made the mistake of not realizing I am my brother's enemy and visited him. He told me I represent everything in the world he hates. I was shocked to hear that at the time, but of course, he is right. He also told me I could not talk to him about anything he didn't agree with.

He really wasn't my brother, we just happened to have the same parents.

• jgnat
    jgnat

When I have a blowout with a family member, I usually feel a little depressed and angry with myself afterwards. After all, I would much rather we all get along. After getting some distance from this, consider if you were provoked to this response, if the things you had to say were going to come out at some point anyways.

My guess it was.

I agree with what Lady Lee said. The whole shunning and DF'ing thing adds a whole new layer of pain on a sad situation. Curse the society and pray one day for reconciliation. On your terms.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((cyberguy))))

I can totally understand how you feel. You have every reason to feel depressed, but don't let the bastards get you down!

When I have situations like this I scream, yell, throw a 2 year old tizzy fit, cry for what seems like forever.....when there is nothing you can do to change the situation it's an aweful feeling. Let it all out and you will feel better, in fact I know you'll come to some incredible conclusions about how you'll handle him in the future once you've gotten all the crapy feelings out. One caution, be safe, legal and constructive.

he,hee I give you permission to be pissed off, but then get over it and get on with living an incredible life!

KateButterfly With Cocoon

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

So sorry about the situation with your brother. They are so indoctrinated with the shunning thing, though. We are currently "walking the tightrope" with our family as well. We have tried not to discuss our problems with the org., as you mentioned, but we have had a few pretty heated arguments. They were very painful, as I know yours with your brother was.

We know that at some point, sooner or later, THE argument will come, where they will feel obligated to break off association with us. And their refusal to listen to any of our points is so frustrating, we sometimes feel like DF'ing them too.

I know we can't take your pain away, just know that we are hurting with you, and that it will get better, and easier. Don't despair, we're here for you!

Warmest regards,

Brandon

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((cyberguy))))))

• Special K
    Special K

(((( cyberguy ))))

It's annoying, it's frustrating,.... It's feeling like you wanna SCREAM..

Ironic that the ones we love the most .. are the ones that can hurt us the most.

This with your brother was truly not an easy meeting. High emotional energy output by both of you.

Take a breather, cyberguy. Re collect your thoughts, if need be pound a pillow, or do a very physical sport.. think of something to move that anger and upset out of your body. when you leave it in there all that energy keeps circulating.

Here is a big (((( HUG )))) and just want to say your not alone when it comes to dealing with family who are under the mind control of the WTBTS. Many of us here have some of the same type of encounters. As someone said it is like talking to a brick wall.

sincerely

Special K

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((cyberguy)))

Well as much as you may be feeling alone right now just know that there are many here who understand.

The WTS is invested with the division of families and keeping their captives. It hurts when they choose the lies of the WTS over flesh and blood. But the WTS is strong and the captives don't know they are being lied too.

It does get better as you move on with your life away from the WTS so don't give it all up. There really is life after the WTS.

And family becomes who we choose instead of who we were raised with.

Glad you posted and hang in there

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Save some money and take a trip to the Bahamas. Enjoy life. (btw, you don't have to go there to enjoy life, but it'll help a lot to get over your depression. It would work for me.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit