Since You've Stopped Going To Meetings, What's Your General Outlook?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie----STOP telling the world that your husband makes you Sunday breakfast. He's making all of us that don't---look bad!

• blondie
    blondie

Is Mrs Min getting ideas? Mrs Min, he can get breakfast on Sunday, especially if you do it the rest of the week.

Blondie (he makes breakfast every morning but it is extra special on Sunday)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie---I used to like YOU! btw, whaddaya doin' Sunday mornin'?

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

My general outlook ? boring - trousers and yersey (no skirts for me anymore)

Blondie, I do have the same trouble : "The only complaint is that sometimes I can't remember what day of the week it is because of anchoring it to my meeting schedule". To know which day, I look at the date on the newspaper.

• invictus
    invictus

For the past six months of our complete inactivity we are much happier and relaxed ( especially kids). Finally we can read books we want without feeling guilty; we can watch any movie we want to watch, listen to any music we like or celebrate holidays as we like - complete freedom to make our own choices and to face whatever concequences.

It is a wonderful feeling to be able to stand allone without constantly asking for approval from incompetent people who really do not matter in our lives.

"you will learn the truth( about wt publishing corporation) and the truth shall set you free" Amen!

Invictus

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

So much better, although I don't know what I believe in anymore.

One of the good things, since coming out of the JWs after 32 years, is that I have been in touch with two of my friends from my school days and we have met a couple of times recently,(they still live in Manchester and I am in Hereford (UK)). Its been over 40 years since I last saw them and it now seems as if we were never apart. One had been studying with the witnesses, and so I was able to shed some light on the UN, paedophiles etc. She doesn't study with them anymore !

During the years as a witness, I took on board the admonition - what sharing does light have with darkness, and bad associations spoil useful habits.......this was the reason for not keeping in touch with friends who were "wordly", but I have now realized that they are much better christians than all the so called JW friends who now shun me.

Twink

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Leaving any cult is a very tramatic experiance. and is different for each individual. for me I am still using this forum and other means to self medicate. It has been a long and taxing road but my life over all is much better. if for no other reason than that I can live with out feeling guilty. and I did feel giulty for many years in and out of the jw cult. dubbers are sick people mentaly, and I do not mean that in a degrading way. I and most here were thair. and for one reason or another we found the courage to leave,unless you live in a large metropolatin city it is not easy to leave this cult, In my small town if thair are 80 dubbers in a 30 mile radias that is enough that you see one on your way to work every morning or at the local wal-mart,post office ect. and you all know the look you get, from where did you go wrong to the evil apostate dont look or we will turn to stone, to I am the personal envoy to god and you are scum not worth looking at. but knowing that if I still went I would have to be the yes man to who ever was the hnic at the time. try to reach out to hold a mic. knock on doors of the local populace. laugh at the stupid and we all know what I mean jokes in service. and generally loose some gray matter as that is what we all did to pretend we were so rightus. but now I can plan on a retirement and save for one, think of having kids and send them to collage ect. get a 2 door car and not feel guilty, invest in the stock market, go to R movies, read what I want, use the Internet,smoke a cigar, give my wife a christmas gift, birthdaygift,stick a us flag on my car, use the money for assemblys for vacations that create good memorys,and live with the knowladge that righ wrong or indifrent I am thinking for my self.

• minimus
    minimus

All your comments show that this place can be a very healing one. Since I've always lived in a big city or the suburbs of the city, fading, is not that difficult. For others in rural areas, it must be very traumatic.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

(Bradley, that is a LAME answer! :)

Since leaving the WTS, this best sums up my outlook, with apologies to Mother Teresa:

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
    Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
    Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
    Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
    Build anyway.

People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them.
    Help them anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

Ya but will Mother Teresa get a ressurection? That's the key question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit