jw view on sex

by abraham 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mizpah
    mizpah

I don't think we should fault Jehovah's Witnesses for keeping strict moral codes regarding marriage and sex. They are not Watchtower rules. They are God's laws to keep his people clean and upright. Civilization itself rests upon the family. The bond between husband and wife is sacred. When it is broken, civilization itself suffers. Most religions in the world recognize the sanctity of marriage and the proper use of sex.

P.S. I saw an interesting TV program that dealt with the Puritans. The Puritans had anything put a "puritanical view" of sex. According to the show, even pre-marital sex was not forbidden provided the man married the maid when she became pregnant. Puritans viewed sex as a natural function...but one that had to be within the structure of the community and family. On the other hand, adultery was condemned since it broke the family and community ties.

• Adam
    Adam

Abraham, do JWs say it's okay to do anal? (Within the bonds of marriage of course) Please provide scriptural backing for your response. Not because I belive that collection of cruelty, lies, and contradictions, I'd just like to know what you think the Bible's position is on anal.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi Abraham,

Interesting topic, however, I'm still waiting in another thread you started for some answers which you haven't given yet.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/60893/927922/post.ashx#927922

Thanks again for your heartfelt response for which I am waiting.

• abraham
    abraham

read your bible , you are the one who made self explanation of this i just post the text and from thr bible , and i not make any comment on it. if you really want to please god put off your hatred on your heart

• Gopher
    Gopher
    read your bible , you are the one who made self explanation of this i just post the text and from thr bible , and i not make any comment on it.

Many of us are or have been JW's, and we already know these teachings. It's a boring post if all you do is quote time-worn teachings without giving us your "take" on it. It takes on the tone of "preaching", and we don't want to be "preached" at.

if you really want to please god put off your hatred on your heart

Thanks for the advice.... But who said they hated you? People were giving their viewpoint on the teaching and its framework, and you made this about "hatred". Oh well. I guess we're all a bunch of haters here. Sigh.

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

From what I have seen of active Jehovah's Witnesses. Their biggest fear and hardest objection to overcome, is reasoning that makes sense, and yet has nothing to do with the Bible. As you see, to make sense of any reasoning from the Bible, a person or organization must often twist it's meaning or take comments out of context or above all, "IGNORE the history to the time it was written."

Would your grandfather's advice in the 1950's to your father, on what to look for in a car purchase, make any sense to listen to today? No, for the make of cars have changed, the technology has grown and the environmental factors and landscape we live in is different. Yet, if that advice had been written down and buried in the sand for a thousand years. Perhaps we would think it was holy and all mankind would be stuck with advice that made no sense and would be spending five meetings a week trying to get it through their followers minds, on how it does.

To examine the Bible, is to examine history and the time in which it was written. The people then, were the same people who created the myths of Zeus, Buddha and so on. To class these as myth and to ignore the mythology of Christianity. Is to fail to see the role religion played in history. Advice is a wonderful thing, I here it here and I read it in the Bible. Some of what I read applied to me, and some of what I read applied to other circumstances. Perhaps that is the growth of mankind, and not the anchor of religion that keeps people from moving on.

Then again, if you read this and are a devout Christian or Witness, I may just be Satan or one of his demons speaking.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Spiritwalker - I hear what you are saying and (grammar apart) I think I understand what you are saying -- some good points - thankyou

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Would your grandfather's advice in the 1950's to your father, on what to look for in a car purchase, make any sense to listen to today? No, for the make of cars have changed, the technology has grown and the environmental factors and landscape we live in is different

That's why i say thank GOD for "new light"!!!!

hehe, lol, couldn't resist ;)

• abraham
    abraham

you hate witness thats the thruth , but even your keep on critisizing us , we also keep on preaching because we look forward to a good innovation of your idea about us ,,,,,

• SanFranciscoJim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit