Jehovah's Witnesses, is there Life after Death?

by JW Answers 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

I have one question......... the one I always wanted to shout out at a JW funeral service.

"So where the hell is Lazarus now?"

"So what was his reward....he got to die twice?"

JW BS......... does not refer to a Bible Study.'

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well according to WT thinking, Jesus' friend Lazarus would be in Hades/Sheol or his memorial tomb awaiting the resurrection of the other sheep and the unjustified ones of the earth.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

This Lazarus thing is one proof that the Whole Bible is fraudulent.

If the Bible is true, Shouldn’t Lazarus be around today, indisputably proving that resurrection, Eternal Life and forgiveness of sins is true.

Of course,Jah should see to it that no one can harm Lazarus, in any manner.

A very Jealous god - who wants his name vindicated - cant even do this ?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

The JW's DO say there is a resurrection after death but, only if you are special.

the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began three and a half years later, in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the Bible, it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ’s presence began.

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

Hi Vander. I think you have valid objections for some, but I will try answering others.

5) Stephen was ready to go to Heaven at death

He is probably referring to Acts 7:59.

6) Paul knew at death, he would be immediately with the Lord,

Philippians 1:23

Why would Paul almost wish for death, saying being with Christ is far better.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

One thing I can never quite get about all this, because I'm no theologian and had enough trouble getting my head around the JW BS without worring about mainstream BS. But if we have an immortal soul that lives on after we die, why is there a need for a resurrection?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent point UA.

Paul knew that his next moment of consciousness after death would be in the presence of the Lord. His earthly suffering would be over in his unclothed state until he was raised immortal in a body like Christ's at the resurrection of the just....when, at that day, he would receive his reward.

1918 is a bogus unscriptural date for the first resurrection...no better than the 1888 date previously taught by the Watchtower right up to 1929.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit