Is There Anything That You Are Afraid To Talk About?

by Blueblades 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Enishi
    Enishi

I'm pretty quesy about putting up to much personal info as well, I'm still active in my congregation and I don't want to leave just yet. Atlhough my old friends are going to disagree with me no matter how I explain it to them, I still value their approval to an extent. Ah well, such is life...

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would love to be more open about my personal life, such as what I do, more interesting things that happen, but at this time, with all the shunning garbage out there, I must refrain, and be a little more discreet to protect those loved ones that are still under the control of the WTS.

If any of that changes, then I have no problem with people knowing more about me. For the record though, I think people who read my posts have a good idea of my thought process, my charactor, etc. It is all me; I just happen to leave out the identifying things about me, that ultimately might hurt those ones still in.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

One thing for now that I'm afraid to talk about is who I really am on this forum.There are various reasons for this fear and I suppose that it means that the wt.society still has some control over me. I really want to open up and reveal my real name and address and picture and family and history etc.And connect with others who may know me and are on this forum. One day I will,but now is not that day. Is there anything that you are afraid to talk about? Blueblades Blueblades I feel exactly the same

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

To all of you,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Blueblades

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Name, rank, and serial number is all that is required according to the Geneva Convention. Does the Watch Tower abide by the rules of the Geneva Convention?

• Valis
    Valis

Will the Cowboys make the play offs? Doh I think I just jinxed myself..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes, I don't think its safe enough on this site to seek support and help in dealing with issues.

No way I would lay my vulnerability wide open. Having the fear of a sitting duck being shot out of water!!

I've seen a few Duck 2Duck's lately blown out of water. No way!! thats sad!

Old Crow

• stephen
    stephen

Having been so much more than a keen discusser of just about anything that ever came up with just about anybody for such a long time now - Would someone please enlighten me as to how I could become harmed or disadvantaged by revealing my identity

I am a solo individual with no one in the WTS for them to work on

stephen is not my real name but I have left my e amail address which has nothing to connect with my real identity in it

But if there are any suitable mature-ish (at least mentally) female jazz singers or keen wannabees who would like free musical coaching and to participate in a very long musical (busking) tour of France and Spain next year using my very large campervan - in this community - residing in the UK- especially in the south - I'll supply my phone number and address (please see my profile)

Now I'm just going to hide in my bass case

stephen

stephen/harmy/stan/Lionel/albaf/lionliz/david/nats

• rocketman
    rocketman

Many here have the same fears/concerns that you do about identity. There are many inactive jws who would rather not be open about who they are for very good reason, and some who were indeed found out while posting here, though thankfully that appears to be a bit rare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit