Is There Anything That You Are Afraid To Talk About?

by Blueblades 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

One thing for now that I'm afraid to talk about is who I really am on this forum.There are various reasons for this fear and I suppose that it means that the wt.society still has some control over me.

I really want to open up and reveal my real name and address and picture and family and history etc.And connect with others who may know me and are on this forum. One day I will,but now is not that day.

Is there anything that you are afraid to talk about?

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not so much AFRAID to reveal who I am but it is not MY choice at the moment. OK>>>>> My real name is Mr. Minimus.

• wasasister
    wasasister

It is NEVER a good idea to put up personal details about yourself on any internet location. It's unlikely the WT is spending any time trying to DF rank and file JW's who post here, but there are always nuts, stalkers, deviants of every form who might take delight in making your life miserable.

With the exponential increase in identity theft, it's more and more important to protect personal information of all kinds.

There may come a time when you chose to share your phone number, but be very certain to verify the integrity of the person you share it with....twice.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I tend not to put personal data on the net anyway - too many things can happen to it.

• blondie
    blondie

I can reveal my last name, Bumstead and my husband's name is Dagwood and I have 2 children and a dog named Daisy.

Some things are meant to be discussed privately. I would not discuss my husband's faults here. But that wouldn't be much of a discussion.

Blondie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I can't think of anything that I'd be afraid to talk about. I've revealed some personal info on the Internet, but it's not likely that I'd have women stalking me anyway. I would caution women against posting personal info though, and revealing it only to people they've checked out thoroughly.

Walter

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Posting your address or number on the net would be pretty bad and dangerous. I'm not worried too much as there are plenty of Smiths around and if someone showed up at my doorstep my daddy would answer anyway.

I have met people from the net though, in a group setting. That was pretty cool.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I have moved 2000 miles away from my family, no one where i live now or work with knows that i was a JW at one time, i would prefer them to never know that part of my life,

why i really don't know

it's just the way i feel.

• JH
    JH

Waddayawannano?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'd love to tell you, but I'm just too afraid to talk about it.

Nope, ain't gonna say that... just too easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit