lifting the viel

by lurk 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurk
    lurk

do you remeber that bit in the bible about lifting the viel of the unbelivers.and the blind leading the blind over a cliff .they were always about going with the wrong church a dn learning more things about jehovahs true ppl.

but now i feel like im getting another viel lifted and im seeing the society in a totally new way.

why did i never see it before??..its like ive been totally blind for years...

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

It's a pretty amazing and yet slightly scary feeling isn't it? We know more about JWs and what they beleive than the majority of active JWs do!

• lurk
    lurk

yes it is scary to know how gulible we can be ...and how easy it was to be sucked in with out asking enough questions...

dont trust myself at all anymore

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Trippy, eh? Kinda creepy and fun at the same time. The anger involved in such hypocrisy is enormous. Resist violence...

CZAR

• sens
    sens
    yes it is scary to know how gulible we can be

thats true....and once you see how much control they actually had...thats even freakier...and then when you do leave...its like ''what now!?!"

• lurk
    lurk

i deffinetly would'nt call it fun CZAR

i cant belive how i gave up my very thought process .

do you think WTS attracts a certain type of person?

• franklin J
    franklin J

Lurk,

I think you nailed it; I believe that the WTBTS does become attractive, not so much to a specific person, but people who, ( and we have all been there) are at some point in their life vulnerable or are looking for something, or trying to make sense of something; or need additional structure to cliing to.

It takes hold violently with some, and slower with others. In my eperiences, if people are level headed and secure in their lives, they have no need for those "fundamental " beliefs. If I have offended some with that statement, I do apologize. Some people were raised with the faith and had no choice. There are people who are secure in their beliefs as JWs, and I wish them well--fortunately we live in a time and place where you have the freedom to worship as you please.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

When you pull back the curtain and see in, there is a shape ()

The way to secret gardens, hollows in trees, has the shape ()

The womb where the secret of life unfolds, is entered, the shape ()

In ancient art (R.C.), only Jesus and Mary are depicted in this shape ()

Indeed the eye that sees, in it;s own way, is a certain shape - the temenos (greek descriptive word) ()

The temenos, the sacred domain, the courtyard where the lover comes, the place where soul can unfold things, the very holy place.

Amazing what is only behind that veil.

• lurk
    lurk

sens ...its a scary control because its your very mind your own self

i wonder franklin ..i remeber many stories of how other bros and sis's came to be in the truth.more many many of them were in bad places in thier lives and still were struggling years later.

woeeeeeeeeeee paduan deep

• free will
    free will

i always thought of it as the blinders coming off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit