13 soldiers dead!!!

by petespal2002 31 Replies latest social current

• petespal2002
  • petespal2002
    petespal2002

Just seen the news that at least 13 us troops have been killed when the Chinook they were travelling in was brought down by some sort of missile fire! This is so sad, why are these trgedies being allowed to continue on an almost daily basis? Is there any point/sense in it any more?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes... the freedom of the Iraqi people.

During the American Revolution many people paid the price for freedom in blood... now we are doing to same for the Iraqis... and many Iraqis are dieing by our side as they fight with us.

In recent weeks there has been a change in the activities of the people fighting against us, they are now starting to target Iraqi citizens. All this can mean is that they are becoming desperate because they know they are loosing. What they fail to realize is that this will only strengthen the resolve of the Iraqis to fight for their freedom from the very people who are trying to setup yet another brutal regime.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    Is there any point/sense in it any more

That is the question.

We all know troops die, lots are willing to die for freedom, but not every war ends in freedom for the people we try to help. God willing this one will, the price is high.

• talesin
    talesin

I am so sick of the death and destruction!!

I grew up with this in the 70's - Vietnam - and I hate it!

that's all I have to say, no dogma, no argument ...

t

(oh hell, I'm a thread-killing bee-yaaaatch!!!)

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

"All we are saying is give peace a chance."

• talesin
    talesin

ppl2002

pl&h

right on, my hero JL

t

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

What would JL be saying now?

• talesin
    talesin

honestly, I think he wud by crying

sorry to be such a downer

hugs

tal

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

My husband is a pilot for the canadian military. This has always scared me. The is teaching students to fly right now, so there will be no UN tours for us. But I hate it as much as the next person. He flies the griffon helicopter, but some of the canadian helio's are dangerous. Alot of people have died this year in helo accidents. After all that we have survived, I would hate for his life to end that way either. Sucks.........War sucks.............Wish we didn't have to fight so much for peace.

vicki boer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit