How many of you were the "perfect" guy/girl?

by talesin 37 Replies latest jw friends

• luna
    luna

You just keep telling yourself that, if it soothes your psyche.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i was totally the anti-perfect jw girl. i came from a broken home, so i was written off as damaged goods, i think. meek and quiet and shy, but too much bad history.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Don't expect perfection out of me.

Guest 77

• talesin
    talesin
    I wasn't perfect and had no desire to be perfect. I'm settling for happy instead.

Stacy, yer so smart - wish I had realized that at 24!! Right ON!!

Odrade,

yep, I know the story - were your parents pushing them at you, too? Oh, I feel just sick thinking about it - you know, brother so-and-so, he's SOOO nice. "Mom, did you SEE him? I'm 17 years old, I want a herooooooo!!!! (I think I'm gonna be sick, not just for them, but for the girl I was - poor thing.)

mortons68

how gross! Pigs, every one of them. And being made to feel ashamed of having breasts is, like, WTF are you supposed to do? They actually suggested that you bind yourself!

ah, luna, the perfect 'last word'

What do nerdy pioneer boys know anyhow?

(and to any former, nerdy pioneer boys - that's not who you are anymore, right? So stop looking in the mirror and seeing 'nerdy pioneer boy' or 'geeky pioneer girl' - they are gone.)

• talesin
    talesin

iiz

I think I was too good in other ways. It's been my downfall. It's my resolve to become more of an asshole.

Just stop picking the wrong women - some of us don't like assholes, believe it or not!

mac

oops, forgot to wear my climbin' gear

• talesin
    talesin

J6OCR9

Don't expect perfection out of me.

Guest 77

I guess they really pressured you, huh?

tal

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I always had "spiritual tenancies", but I was never truly spiritual. The things I had going for me was being good looking, and teasing the young sisters in the hall. I could tell they liked me, but they couldn't have me because apparently the bible says so. I had no interest in a JW girlfriend/wife anyway.

The older brothers saw me slowly advancing, but I was an outcast with the ones my age. I was way too different to hang out with them. They had their video games, I had my music. They had their Barenaked Ladies albums, I had my Led Zeppelin. Everytime I would try to communicate with them in some way, it would go down the toilet. Either my jokes were too bland or too offensive. I could never find a happy medium. This was very much the same with my interests. I was usually standing alone before and after the meetings. I would stand or sit there watching my mother interact with her fake personality on.

• talesin
    talesin

{{{nos}}}

I wish we had been friends in that KH - probably wouldn't have been possible, huh?

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit