LOL @ Mutz

• sens
    sens
    I wouldn't know

Me either anymore....

And querty is right.....

• blondie
    blondie

That's because of the trust factor, sens, and being an ex-JW.

• sens
    sens
    That's because of the trust factor, sens, and being an ex-JW.

blondie...your right

• minimus
    minimus

I make "friends" very easily. But I think most people REALLY are not true friends. I've explained to my daughter over the years that it's good to have a lot of "friends". You know, the type that you can call at the very last minute and know that you'll have a good time when partying. Then there's the type that you hardly ever see but you KNOW that if you ever need someone in your corner----they'll be there. Of course, if you can find a friend that you can always have a great time with AND always express loyalty to you-----then, you've got a friend for life.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I don't really have a lot of experience with real friends. I agree with everything there except the first two lines. Just because a person is wrong certainly wouldn't end a friendship for me. Because I have been wrong many times. But I would have a hard time standing by a friend when the person is clearly wrong in certain situations. Like maybe a car accident and I am in the car with my friend and my friend is clearly in the wrong but wants to try to pin the blame on the other person. Not that I would help the other person, but I couldn't help my friend try to wrongly place blame either even if they honestly (as opposed to maliciously) saw things that way. Perhaps thats why I have no friends now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Since I am not a JW anymore the only in person friend I have is my guy. He is the best friend I've ever had and he feels the same way about me.He taught me that men and women can too communicate and that there doesn't have to be a big competition and power struggle like the JWs encourage with their philosophy. I am sort of afraid to trust people after such bad experiences in the JWs. I had some pretty lousy experiences and worry sometimes that if I trust someone too much that they will only end up hurting me. I do have one good friend I met on another exjw support board. She lives on the other side of the world though. *Sigh*.

Heather

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

a real friend is somebody who would truly die for you if necessary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit