My Ears are Hurting!

by iiz2cool 18 Replies latest social relationships

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Some time back, when I was heading to work, a woman sat beside me in the subway car. After a few moments, she glared at me, and said, ? Can?t you move your knees closer together??? ? Being accustomed to hearing stupid, trivial complaints, my response was quick. I answered loud enough for other commuters to hear, ?I?m sorry, but I recently suffered an unfortunate accident that resulted in a painful swelling of the testicles. If I moved my knees closer together it would cause me excruciating pain.? Her response was to simply glare at me angrily, them she stormed off the train at the next stop as other passengers snickered. Then I get to work, and all day people call to complain about their stupid computers. No one ever calls to tell me that everything?s running fine. Then, in the evening I arrive home from work, and am subjected to another barrage of stupid complaints.

?Why are you twenty minutes late?? There was a jumper on the subway.

?Why did you hang the toilet paper THAT way?? Why not?

?Why did you squeeze the toothpaste THAT way?? To put it on my toothbrush.

?Why didn?t you check the mail?? I did ? there wasn?t any.

?Why did you hang your coat on THAT hanger, when you should hang it on THIS ONE?? Who cares?

Finally, I get my shoes off and sit down to dinner. I try to tune out and concentrate on my food with the background noise going on, and on, and on?

?You know, Martha is SUCH A BITCH!!! ? Blah, blah, blah??

?You know, Susie dyed her hair again, but she?s ugly either way! ? Blah, blah, blah??

?Did you hear Joanne?s husband can?t get it up anymore? ? Blah, blah, blah??

?You should come back to the Kingdom Hall! ? Blah, blah, blah?? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

?Why don?t you kiss me any more?? I can?t kiss lips that never have anything nice to say. I don?t work that way!

What is it with chronic complainers? Are they born this way? Is it genetic? Is it something in their food? Or is it behavior they learn somewhere along the line? Is this something a lobotomy might fix? I know it?s not gender specific, because I?ve met many men who do the same thing. Ok, yeah, I know. I?m doing it now too, but hell, I should get a turn too.

<end of bitch session>

Walter

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Poor Walter!!! Some people just thrive on negativity!!!! It's easier for some people to see what's wrong with everything than to see what's right. Case in point, the JW's!!!!!!!!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

well, IJWTS that I'm happy you're here and posting so I have had an opportunity to get a sense of what a fine person you are!

• JH
    JH

Now why would you post something like that? Don't you have anything else to do than to be here on a Saturday night and complain?

And why don't you go back to the Kingdom Hall?

How are you doing Walter my friend?

• Aztec
    Aztec

My advice: Invest in some good earplugs. Hehe! I'll be in TO soon enough and I'll whisper something stupid in your ear okay? LOL!

~Aztec

• Scully
    Scully

Walter

I'm convinced that "some people" do not have a clue as to how they sound when they talk like that.

What you call "bitching" and "complaining", they call "offering constructive criticism" and "personal commentary".

They are so self-absorbed, they can't see it for what it is. Until you turn it back on them. And then they have the gaul to call you a "whiner".

I can offer no suggestions, just total empathy.

Love, Scully

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((Walter)))))

I have some hugs to spare ...

ESTEE

• Beans
    Beans

Show concern

Act Surprised

Admit to nothing

And then live your own life bro! Works for me!

Keep your eye on the puck and your stick on the ice too!

Beans

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Walter))

C'mon over here and watch the hockey game with me. We can do the happydance when they score.

Lisa

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

you need a hug! (((Walter)))

sometimes life sucks doesn't it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit