Jezebel Spirit

by rodnico 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Land 'a Goshen! I f'got Venice!

VeniceIT ("park this" Jezzy)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Glad you remembered to include me, or else you would have got an ear-bashing!

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thanks to Ginny for bringing this to my attention.

I was once counselled for using "big words" in my comments. Well, sooo sorry Jethro and Elly May, that's how I was brung-up to tawk.

Jezzy is alive and well, both with wuzzy and siso-wuzzy.

I love that (most of) the men here appreciate strong and intelligent women. For the rest of you, you'll never know what you missed!!!

Wazza/Jezza

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

While I was a JW, only one JW man was brave (or stupid) enough to ask me out on a date. My father desperately tried to coach me in toning down the Jezebel spirit.

According to Dad:

I should always let this man drive my car when we were together. A woman driving a car with a man as a passenger is a sure sign of a Jezebel. Never mind that this guy once forgot that my car was an automatic, parked it in neutral, and I returned to find that it had rolled down the hill in the parking lot.

I should never make any sarcastic remarks to this guy, no matter how funny or witty. Sarcasm, especially directed at males, is a sure sign of a Jezebel.

I could, however, pay for dinners occasionally when we went out. That was helping support a poor pioneer, not a sign of a Jezebel.

When this guy asked me, I should take his suits to the dry cleaners and pick them up for him. Not helping with laundry is a sure sign of a Jezebel.

I should never correct this man publicly. To do so would completely shatter his fragile male ego, a sure sign of a heartless Jezebel. However, he was free to tell our whole car-group that my dress made me look like a schoolmarm.

I could never, never admit that I might be more knowledgeable on any subject than he was. Instead, I must cleverly phrase my statements so that it would appear he knew them all along. Being smarter than a man on any subject is a sure sign of a Jezebel.

No weeping or nagging. Definitely no haircuts.

Practice looking up at him admiringly, as does the woman in yellow on page 243 of the You Can Live Forever in Paradise book. Keeping your head lower than his is not a bad idea either. (Last tidbit gleaned from the movie "The King and I.") Looks of irritated disgust and mumbling "what an idiot" are sure signs of a Jezebel.

Despite my father's tireless efforts, the genetic legacy of my red-fingernailed mother won out. I drove my own car, didn't pick up the dry cleaning, and made one sarcastic comment too many. My pioneer suitor dumped me for a more tractable blonde.

Ginny

• rodnico
    rodnico

Queen Jezebear, I think that would be a great drag name.

Waiting-I agree about the labels. That has been a hard habit to break. Letting things just be without catagorizing or labeling things this or that.

Just brought to mind how it would have been fun to exercise my Jezzy spirit in the Kingdom Hall or in the service group.

• mommy
    mommy

Six,
    You and Nomen are killing me! I will not say that. Someone taught me a lesson years ago. Never say never Now you say itlol
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit