Jezebel Spirit

by rodnico 15 Replies latest jw friends

• rodnico
    rodnico

My mother was labeled as having a Jezebel spirit. Although she regular pioneered most all of her life. She was out spoken and remained unmarried so she had no spiritual head. This really hurt her feelings, as well it should.

Have any of you been labeled the same? Told you were not submissive to headship for having a brain or talking out of turn? I was to shy to be labeled having a Jezebel spirit.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Lets see,

Mommy (gentle, caring, killer Jezzy)
    Ginny (subtle, don't let her fool you, Jezzy)
    Riz (is)
    Momma Dark (big time Jezzy)
    Wasa (stilla Jezzy)
    Siso (wasa isa Jezzy)
    RedhouseWoman(old school Jezzy)
    Waiting (major Jezzy!)
    NPY (Jezzy from day one)
    Tina ("who you callin' Jezzy?")
    TW (calls husband lord but still a Jezzy)
    Claudia (unbaptised Jezzy)
    PLH (tiedye Jezzy)
    Joelbear (notenouf Nair Jezzy)
    Sunchild (lezzy Jezzy)
    Rodnico (yo momma is a Jezzy)

Sorry to those I missed. Working off the top of my head here.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

No Jaydub ever called me Jezebel to my face... probably too scared of me to do it, LOL!

Remember the David Steinberg bit about Jezebel that got the Smothers Brothers cancelled? "the Lord sent a fly to infest Jezebel's ear... but Jezebel LIKED it!..."

I did have an elder make a snide comment about me from the platform for knowing the answer to one of those idiot questions about 'greater and lesser fulfillment' of some arcane bit of OT prophecy. I responded by refusing to raise my had at all, ever, after that, no matter how silent and embarrassed all the clueless men were. He would look at me with big beggin' eyes, and I would smile and raise my eyes to the ceiling fan...

oh, Jezebel!

ROFLMAO at religiofreeks who are scared of strong smart women,
    Mommie D.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hmmm.

This thread got me to thinking about a possible drag name for me.

Jezebelly.

hugs

Joel

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

An older friend of mine was referred to as a jezebel influence,and this angered me as I was begining to see the status of women in the congregations.

I have always been a person who likes everything straight down the middle fair and women dont get that treatment and respect in jws.

As I left at an early age I never got a chance to exercise my new fuond jezzyness,but look out anyone knocking on my door!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I can't believe I missed you, jez-i. Go to the top of the list!

• mommy
    mommy

Six,
    You have some explaining to doKILLER JEZZY? What the? Then you tell Jez I. to go to the top of the list...that is where you put me, and I am trying to figure out if this is good or bad. Either way, I am only allowing 4 verses of the Song to be read tonight, punishing you of course
    wendy(proud to say it like it is class)

• waiting
    waiting

hey Rodnico

jw's put a label on everything - and in particular anything they don't quite like. And those damned labels stick like glue. I would assume your mother, being a pioneer, didn't tell the labelers to "go stick it" - which just proves she's not a jezebel spirit inclined anyway.

Of course, if she thought it in her mind - that earns her 3 more points.

Any woman outspoken, or even a decent answerer in the meetings is taking a chance on being labeled.

Nice to meet you btw. Welcome to the World of Jezzys (and Snuggly Six.)

waiting

• Tina
    Tina

lol funny thread.....never heard myself called that outright but oh,the whispers'lol.
    Most probably was considered a Jezzy. Especially after a couple of the elders had a 'talk' with me about my 'manner of dress' when answering my door...lol(always wondered what nosy bitchy sister that was who told them this) and I'm sure my uh 'response' earned me the title,lol...........
    Jezebel,The Robe Warrior -(WHo you callin,Jezzy?) lol

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus Christ ancestor Rahab! I can't believe I f'got Prisca.

Prisca (Jezzy down under)

Mommy, SAY IT! "I will never kill anyone" {do I get to pick the verses tonight?}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit