Jehovah's Witnesses and Lying

by ozziepost 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Could someone email the editor of Sunday

Actually we discussed this with the producer during the planning stages of the program. Nevertheless, the reported comment after the program was viewed with much interest by them and added to the amount of material to be used in any further program.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Beans
    Beans

They are hiding info behind the coat!

• minimus
    minimus

As a child, I could never understand the "theocratic strategy" defense. To me, it was always LYING----PLAIN & SIMPLE! The fact that JW's condone dishonesty (lying) under certain circumstances that would benefit their ideals, shows that they can never be trusted. Who can trust the President of a corporation that recommends lying to protect their own and then when asked about it, says, "I don't know what you're talking about".

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Minimus,

Right on! You have spoken the truth. ----(no pun intended)

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey'ya Oz! Love your posts! Just thought I should bring this up? but remember their response as to why Watchtower joined the UN? Yes, they have no trouble telling a lie if it fits "theocratic" ware strategy, even using deception with their flock, even though the Bible says God cannot lie, which they quote many times! Hypocrisy at its finest!

• Room 215
    Room 215

And although the WTBTS presents ``Theocratic War Stragtegy" -- their euphemism for lying -- as a tactic reserved for dealing with ``those not entitled to know the truth" , i.e. outsiders and adversaries, they are not above turning that hose on their own flock, lying to and hoodwinking their very own whenever it suits their perceived interests.

Prominent examples are the jive they ran by the dubbies in explaining away the change to voluntary contributions for literature placements, the 1985 ``simplificaton" of the baptismal vows, and the duplicitous wording intended to create the misimpression that they were banned in Mexico and hence couldn't pray or sing at the meetings, when in reality it was a ploy to qualify for property ownership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit