Sign-in fix for IE users

by Simon 17 Replies latest forum announcements

• flipper
    flipper
    Simon- Thank god. Maybe you ARE Jesus Christ returning to full power in the flesh AFTER all. I'm an IE user and could not sign on for several days. Whatever you did- you did it right. All I had to do was put my user name in the E-mail box and do all the other little instructions and it finally signed me in just about 10 minutes ago. Up until early this morning it would not accept my user name or accept me signing on with my E-mail address either. So thanks for all you do and your hard work. Much appreciated
  • flipper
    flipper
    Thanks Simon for helping out us IE people. Mine works fine now after several days. Appreciate all your hard work
  • Simon
    Simon

Glad that problem was sorted - sorry you were excluded for a few days.

I'm going to go through emails tomorrow and check who is still experiencing problems sign in problems. Once everyone is live and kicking again I can relax.

Still lots of improvements to make but if the core features are working then I'll be happy..

• flipper
    flipper
    One thing that I thought I would share with you Simon that I noticed today is that on my latest thread about my Elder Father on the private discussion section- I noticed that for several pages when people responded with a post - it duplicated their individual posts several times per person on each page like they had triple posted or quadruple posted. Kinda weird. But I noticed when I responded to the two posters tonight- it only posted my post one time- which is a good thing. What do you think caused the multiple posts appearing by the posters ? Just curious. No big deal if it's been fixed or addressed . Thanks, Peace out, Flipper
  • Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Simon, What about for Opera mobile users. This site is inaccessible, there is no chance of attempting to sign in using Opera mini. Could you take a look?

THanks, BF98

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    there is no chance of attempting to sign in using Opera mini.

Same here. No menu for signing in is available, nor 'Search,' nor any button on the top toolbar. Nor can I opt to cut out the thread previews like on a computer (Chrome). My phone's on Opera Mini 8 now (I had mistakenly said '5' on the other thread).

With JWN and Opera Mini 4, I could sign in and see all the sections. I couldn't post, but at least I could easily browse and read. 

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Just tried to log on with a different computer using IE 11. Every time I went to the JWN page and hit the signin button my IE stopped working and wanted to close down. After several attempts I opened up the Chrome browser (which I've never used on this particular device) and logged on to make this post. 

I don't know all the technical stuff. Not a computer nerd by a long, long shot. What I know is that yesterday I was able to log on with IE 11 using my older laptop device. Today I'm on a desktop unit that is much newer (and which supposedly has bells and whistles galore) and faster and was unable to use IE 11 to do anything here. I tried clicking on a discussion topic and, well, nothing. After a couple minutes (or so) IE said the page was not responding and IE shut down. 

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    I signed in today with IE-11 and it worked this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit