What was the purpose of Creation?

by ClassAvenger 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kes152
    kes152

Dearest Gumby,

The scripture says it was "the tree of the knowledge of good and bad." After they ate from the tree God said, "Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad.." (Genesis 2:9; Genesis 3:22). After they ate from the tree, they 'knew good and bad.' So how is it seeing it "my way" if the scripture says what it says?

Peace to you,

Aaron

• logansrun
    logansrun

It's all bullshit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Getting down, deeper, i would say the purpose of creation is the same as that of water vapor forming a cloud, or as that of atomic hydrogen eventually forming itself into a star, or the purpose of the drowning person, pulling himself out of the water.

SS

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    What was the purpose of Creation?

God became bored playing solitaire.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I think part of the answer can be found in the end of Revelation - that heaven and earth will be joined - God will actually live with his people. I think "heaven" is really only a state that is in existence while "sin" is in the world - it was originally meant to be heaven/earth combined - and will again be combined.

Not sure you'd find that in any formal christian teaching though - it's just some thoughts I have come up with after reading the bible.

• Mac
    Mac
    Why do you ALWAYS have to bring sexual overtones into your posts.......ya horney little bastard!

That is so untrue....you misjudge me!!

"sexual overtones" They sound something like this......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!.......right?

mac

• archangel01
    archangel01

to Kes123

Well done you have done your research of scripture well. Yes The Garden of Eden was like the New Jer. in a way. That old saying "Heaven on Earth". After Adam & Eve got more knowledge of what evil was/is by doing evil, it was the death of them, they hide because they knew that they would be kicked out etc. But God knew all this an did not give up on them. It was the only way to beat satan once an for all in a justified way. That was Gods Plan to beat satan once an for all. Remember Hell/Gehenna was maded for him long ago, but God in his wisdom would use him to Glorify Himself then after God is done with satan cast him off were he belongs. A good Read is "The serpent of Paradise by Erwin W. Lutzer". You really see Gods wisdom an that he is in complete control of everything even the fall of man was worked into the divine plan.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

If it doesn't make sense using normal every-day logic, why doesn't it make sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit