What was the purpose of Creation?

by ClassAvenger 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

I was talking to some Jehovah Witness in a Bible study, and we got into a conversation of heaven. I told him that we would all be in heaven and live there, and he told me, "What would be the point of God creating the whole Earth and putting us here then destroying it? Wouldn't it just be easier to repair the earth and place us here again?" I was sort of stuck in this, what do you all think?

• pamkw
    pamkw

I guess I don't understand. what does heaven have to do with God destroying the earth?

Pam

• gumby
    gumby
    and he told me, "What would be the point of God creating the whole Earth and putting us here then destroying it? Wouldn't it just be easier to repair the earth and place us here again?"

Ask him why this same reasoning isn't used with Adam and Eve.

What was the point of making this earth a paradise, when he knew it would not remain that way because of sin. Why didn't he just fix Adam and Eve....or use their offspring and try it again?

Also......why did God create man to live forever on the earth.......only to change that for some and have them live in heaven? I thought god never changed his original idea.....unless......he KNEW man was going to sin in the firstplace. If he did know......then he is a fool for continuing on.

What would be the point of God creating the whole Earth ..........and destroying it?

That's another cheap shot the dubs use. Go into most any church and ask them if they feel the earth will be burned up forever........or do they believe christ reign will take place ON the earth. Very few I have talked to believe god will destroy the earth forever.

Gumby

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why do jws insist that the earth needs repairing ? They should look around and see what really needs repairing - jw world - questionably salvagable.

Anyway, earth or no earth, that really is a silly sort of question, like..

Why would I need a mould to make anything? What would be the point of that?

• Mac
    Mac

I've thought about this long and hard and am now convinced that creation was part of a right wing conspiracy to create a consumer base that would continually perpetuate the livelihood of a chosen few!!!

mac, of the I'd make a hell of a Democrat, right? class

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I would ask him what the point is to allow 6 billion people to live on Earth and then destroy 99.9% of them. What was the point of flooding the Earth to destroy wicked people when God could have waved his hand and made them disappear or fixed their problems? What was the point of destroying the animals - except those that were lucky enough to make it on the ark, were they wicked too? What's the point of having a visible organization - if God were visible himself he wouldn't need an organization to carry out his work. What is the point of entrusting such "important" work to imperfect men?

Silverleaf

• gumby
    gumby

Mac,

I've thought about this long and hard and am now convinced

Why do you ALWAYS have to bring sexual overtones into your posts.......ya horney little bastard!

Silverleaf,

Excellent points to ponder. I like the one about god creating billions of humans.....only to have a few million survive.

Gumby

• kes152
    kes152

ClassAvenger,

May you have peace!

This is what the Christ said: "My Father and I did not create the earth for nothing, we created it, even to be inhabited. The first two, Adam and then Eve, resided in the garden of Eden in the heavenly realm. It was not until they reached out for knowledge that was not theirs to have (knowledge of good and bad).. yet, that they were driven out of the garden and the heavenly realm. They were put in the earth and in the physical realm with the entry to the tree of life guarded by a sword turning itself. There in the physical realm they bore children of whom all are invited to inherit the heavenly realm.

Next, the end, when I hand over the kingdom to my God and Father, all those who inherit the kingdom prepared for them will be with me in the heavenly city. Then, the heavenly city, New Jerusalem, will come down OUT OF HEAVEN to the earth and there all the residents of the heavenly city will dwell. The heavenly realm will be on earth with a gate separating the two realms. Those outside the city (the dogs who are disgusting in their filth, those without faith) will not be allowed in unless they are wearing a white robe. Those inside the city will have authority to the tree of life that is in the city. When fire comes down out of heaven and devours those outside the city, then those who are in the city will be able to go in and outside the city and the earth will belong to them, my righteous ones."

He also supplied these scriptures:

Isaiah 45:18; Genesis 3:22, 24; Revelation 2:7; 1 Corinthians 15:24; 1 Corinthians 15:50; Matthew 25:34; Revelation 21:2, 27; Revelation 20:9; Revelation 22:14, 15

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

You were having a religious discussion with a JW? That must be like (deleted by me:) shampooing with a cheese grater - slightly amusing, but mostly, painful.

• gumby
    gumby
    The first two, Adam and then Eve, resided in the garden of Eden in the heavenly realm. It was not until they reached out for knowledge that was not theirs to have.. yet, that they were driven out of the garden and the heavenly realm. They were put in the earth and in the physical realm with the entry to the tree of life guarded by a sword turning itself. There in the physical realm they bore children of whom all are invited to inherit the heavenly realm.

Another one who has added scripture to see it THEIR way.....just what we need.....another leader.

Isn't it ironic that they didn't have kids in the heavenly realm. They had to wait till they screwed up to have kids so they could pass all their problems onto them. You need to find a brighter and nicer God.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit