Have you been surprised?

by Sassy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

well if you never post anything to lead anyone to have any idea where you are from or places you have been, you may never know. For me, it turned out that I already knew someone here and she told me who a few people were that both of us already knew and loved... Then I actually got gutzy and sent a private message to someone who was obviously on the same fan club as I was (by reading a few posts) and so I thought, why not, ask him where he is from. Now it turned out he wasn't from the area I was from BUT, he gave me names of other posters from the same state so I sent another PM to one who was closer to my home town... She had only just moved to the area in recent years BUT, she told me where she was from and asked if I knew anyone there.. low and behold I did!!

so.. it was just taking a chance.. asking a question... sometimes you don't know people.. and sometimes you do!

I found out more people I knew were here as well this week.. I was like WOW.. who would have guessed!!

notperfectyet, who were you waiting for? little ole' me??

• Sassy
    Sassy

tee hee.. ok I am reviving an old thread..

but.. since I posted this, more people who have joined JWD pm'd me and said.. hey are you so and so? and did you go to such and such congregation and were you friends with .....

I think it is so cool to meet people who can touch you in the past who are out too!!

Anyone else have more they met here they didn't expect to??

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

I haven't actually talked to anyone who is from my hometown, but I have talked to several people here who knew people that I knew or had heard of some of the same ones.

Hoping to find someone from my old hometown of Roseburg, Oregon. If any lurkers from there are out there, send me a PM.

Bethany

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Yup! Chevy's has met my uncle, who used to be a C.O. in Cali. I met a fellow from my old hometown on here too, but he doesn't post here much, more on the "common bond" website, I think.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yes it's funny what a small world it is. I did know Maybe's uncle, and even told her the story about the time we drove him to give a public talk after just being in a serious car accident. And I never expected to be reunited with some of my English friends from years ago. What really tripped me out Sassy was when Sandy brought that guy with her to your mini-fest and he was the brother of my pioneer partner. Or that Sandy was great friends with one of my friends and we were at the same graduation party without knowing each other till years later. What a small world it is indeed. I am truely surprised at how paths cross sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit