I may stick around for a little while

by What The....... 13 Replies latest jw friends

• What The.......
    What The.......

First off I would like to thank you all for your replies and the warm welcome. I was not expecting this. I wasn?t expecting you to cuss me out either, but anyway thanks. I did get one email.. ( The board account)?that really was quite strange. The person identified themselves as a JW and told me that I would not find much positive here. I don?t know if this is a warning or what, but it still bothered me. I thought about going to the Elders in my congregation about my doubts, but am afraid of being labeled an apostate. The last time I went to the Elders about a question and didn?t agree with them and wanted more of an explanation they said I was on dangerous ground thinking the way I was. I wish I had more time, but I don?t want to get caught writing this. Till next time. What The?..

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    The person identified themselves as a JW and told me that I would not find much positive here

hmm, and what might a good little witness possibly be doing in such a negative place???

what the... i'm glad you're going to stick around for a while. i think you'll find it very enlightening, and i hope you find it to be a positive place. :)

• Gopher
    Gopher

I hope you do stick around for a while!

The behavior of the JW's is not surprising....They say, don't you dare investigate anything else. Oh yes you can investigate the pros and cons of other religions, but not ours !!

And if you told the elders about your doubts, you might or might not be labeled apostate. It depends on how well you're tied in to the powerbrokers in your local hall. If they like you, they'll view you as "weak". Otherwise they may come to view you as a "problem".

Not here, though. You can talk freely here without fear of getting "disfellowshipped" or shunned by this generally nice group of people.

• Badger
    Badger

You won't find much positive in favor of staying in....I'd suggest a few other sites for that...problem is, if the posters on those sites were out in the open, they'd get run off too. That just goes to show what the org is all about: No dissent, even if you do want to try to make the best of it.

You're very welcome here....I found that out quickly...

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Welcome What The...

Not here, though. You can talk freely here without fear of getting "disfellowshipped" or shunned by this generally nice group of people.

You sure about that? I think more people have been DFed from this board than from my old hall. Then again there are more people here with issues that Kleenex has tissues.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Don't worry too much about being cussed out. People are going to be people no matter where they are. But I think most people here will give you a fair shake and are willing to discuss issues with you. Although they won't always agree with you, heck we hardly ever agree amongst ourselves (and theres nothing wrong with disunity of thought, remember that), I would hope that we will always be open minded and willing to have intelligent discussions.

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome WT...

May I suggest that you reply to that PM you received and ask that person to come out. Surely that person must feel that there are things being said that he/she could/should defend the WTS' position. Something. Anything? If that lurker won't come out, then that lurker doesn't really believe in the WTS' positions.

- Cliff

• Gopher
    Gopher
    You sure about that? I think more people have been DFed from this board than from my old hall. Then again there are more people here with issues that Kleenex has tissues.

YES, I'm sure. I guess I should qualify that -- you can talk freely, WITHIN POSTING GUIDELINES. Anyone who comes here and tries to deliberately spoil the atmosphere will be deleted for a while.

Deleted, removed, whatever. But NOT disfellowshipped. We gotta get over the JW-ism's here. Other boards also delete & remove people who violate their guidelines/rules too. But they aren't accused of DF'ing anyone because people on those boards don't think like JW's do.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi What The...

I hope you do stay around. Some people talk about cussing outs, etc., but it's never happened to me. I've found if you treat others respectfully, they usually respond well. If not, just duck out. Of course, sometimes a good ol' knock down drag out can be fun too, lol!

I remember feeling as you do about not being able to talk to anyone for fear of being labeled an apostate and marked. My son said once, well why don't you discuss your doubts with the elders? and i said, i've researched it and they don't know as much as I do about it. It's a rough spot for sure.

Pat

• rocketman
    rocketman
    The behavior of the JW's is not surprising....They say, don't you dare investigate anything else. Oh yes you can investigate the pros and cons of other religions, but not ours !!

Good point Gopher, very true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit