Gonna read the new bible front to back

by Jayk 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most people who read the bible as it should be read, through the lens of the time the writer was living, and with an appreciation of the writer's Agenda, end up rejecting religion.

• Jayk
    Jayk

Smiddy3 from what I heard it contains a few less words like thy and makes it more modern sounding if that makes sense. But still almost the same thing.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I would but i used my NWT bible for rolling papers. It was the only useful thing for it apart from using it to pick up the cat shit in the littler tray.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I read the nkjv front to back several years ago and was astonished at what I learned. I learned far more about the Bible than the cherry picked teachings of the watchtower society.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let us know how you get on.

• sir82
    sir82

The only time it gets confusing is when it starts naming off fathers and then all the sons. I can follow it but it I have had to go back and reread those parts sometimes.

This right here is a pretty good working definition of "masochism".

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Read it with an open mind. In the very first verses, you would see the ignorance of the writer. ( Earth created first and then the sun and stars and it was all done in 6 days)

Then, when the snake starts talking, the real Harry potter Stuff begins and all those bloody gory stuff. All the best.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Did it more then once and it gets crazier each time. Not the new light bible but others.

• Jayk
    Jayk

Pale.emperor I actually saw my older brother role a joint with a page of the bible. Which he didn't need to because we had something else to smoke out of. I told my mom years later about it and she was more concerned with where he got it from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit