Att: ex-Elders and Their Kids: Did You Really Have a Regular Family Study?

by Room 215 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Growing up it was a hit'n'miss thing, until one day my dad decided to study the "Youth" book with me for a couple of weeks

Every now and then we would get hit with the assembly-knee-jerk reaction, and do some more. It would petre out after a few weeks, though.
    I tended to study a lot, anyhow, so I didn't find that a big deal.

When I married we were hit'n'miss, too, but would hit the cycle every now and then.
    We studied the Wt for quite a while, but that dwindled to studying it for ourselves at the same time in the same room, before dying out completely. To be honest I was totally over-worked as an Elder. The only evening I wasn't doing some kind of studying was a Friday. After a long week at work you can imagine how that was spent...

• willyloman
    willyloman

What ozziepost said expresses my sentiments verbatim.

We didn't have one, either. We felt guilty about it, but we just couldn't make it work. We were doing everything else religiously, and one more assignment/responsibility was the last straw so we rebelled and just let it slide. It took nearly 30 years for me to realize that was the best approach to take, not only for the family study, but for the whole package.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit