NDE' & OBE's

by DebraDoll 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Please accept my request in the spirit it is meant-no unkindness is implied here but I MUST limit the responses and information as this is a BIG course project due very soon! Those of you who experienced either (or both!) phenomenon WHILE YOU WERE STILL AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE BORG ONLY, please contact me asap, if you are comfortable relating your experience to me. Here are some issues I am looking for; 1. How did your mindset at the time enable you to deal with such an experience? 2. Did you fear or expect demon activity while you were in such a state? 3. Did you reveal the experience to the elders and seek "help?" 4. Did this experience change your perception of your then understanding/faith of spiritual matters? So again, please know that although I am genuinely interested in everyone on this board I can only spend time examining the experience of those who were STILL A JW AT THE TIME OF THEIR EXPERIENCE. THANKS!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For those who don't know

NDE = Near Death Experiences

OBE = Out of Body Experiences

1. How did your mindset at the time enable you to deal with such an experience?

I was being abused and had been abused for many years OBEs were common for me

2. Did you fear or expect demon activity while you were in such a state?

No because in the OBE I always felt little emotion

3. Did you reveal the experience to the elders and seek "help?"

Nope never told anyone - thought it was just a part of life and that everyone could do it

4. Did this experience change your perception of your then understanding/faith of spiritual matters?
    I had them before I became a JW and connected it to the just the way people are - nothing to do with anything spiritual
  • gumby
    gumby

I can only spend time examining the experience of those who were STILL A JW AT THE TIME OF THEIR EXPERIENCE. THANKS!!!

I'm confused.

If we hadn't been a JW.......we probably wouldn't be here as we would have no experience.

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WAKE UP Gumby - you're still sleeping

If you were a JW when you had the NDE or OBE

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Previous research has shown NDEs to be influenced by the person's own beliefs regarding an after-life and their own personal moral evaluation of themselves.

I can't see Witnesses being any different.

Happy researching though... oh, if someone converted from a faith where they did have a belief in some after-life, it's quite possible they would show regression to their enculturated expectation, as distinct from one that the JW's belief structure might engender.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

An ex-Jw friend of mine had a Near Death Experience. She flat lined on the operating table. This experience helped her realize the JW's were wrong about an afterlife. The elder's told her she was dreaming but to anyone who has had a NDE, they know it was real.

Devon

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

... am fascinated by accounts of them. I know someone (an ex-JW, in fact) who claims to have had a NDE, but decided it was a phenomenon caused by lack of oxygen in his brain. Usually, however, people who have had a NDE insist that their experience was not just a brain glitch.

As to OBEs, I seem firmly tied to my body, dammit. If I start astral traveling, I will tell you about it. Read Robert Monroe's books, I dare you (any of you). Whether you choose to take him seriously or not, the fact is that he started a business that successfully trains people to do this stuff - or so clients report. http://monroeinstitute.org

Cruithne

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Devon, Are you still in touch with her? Would you bring her attention to this thread?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Interestingly many trauma victims have OBEs as part of their dissociative experience during the trauma. There is an article on my web page about it.

Psychic Out-of-Body Experiences and Traumatic Out-of-Body Experiences in Childhood: Similarities and Differences

http://members.shaw.ca/leemarsh/out-body.html

Just in case you are interested

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Thanks for your responses everyone! Please feel free to email me too at [email protected] should you feel more comfortable. Lady Lee's website info is just incredible, as is Paulette Mercier's "Faith by Demonstration: How the History of Paranormal Phenomena has Given Rise to a New Age Sprituality."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit