Elder Kid Behaviour An Issue? 22/10/2003 Awake!

by Stephanus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

In the Young People Ask section, the question is posed: "How Can I Come Out From Under My Parents' Shadow" Then you get two quotes from supposed elders' kids, identified only by their first names. One says he is only known as his elder father's son, whereas the other one feels pressure to live up to high standards being an elder's son. The Tower's response? "Stiff s***! What's wrong with high standards? They're good for you! As for individuality, you're part of an amorphous mass of like-minded people - don't worry about it. And don't even think about rebellion!"

So, is Elder's Kid Syndrome becoming a problem in Dubdom, that a special "true Christians do/don't..." article has to be written on the subject? Actually, it's Elder's Son Syndrome being addressed in the article - elders' daughters don't even rate a mention!

Here's a picture of a good elder's boy from the article:

alt

Some observations: What a sleazy looking, pasty-faced little weazel! Isn't he the kind of kid that in high school you'd want to beat up and flush his head in the toilet?? (Nice brown suit though - haven't seen those since the 70s!) And what about the self-righteous smirk on ElderDad's face? And note that it's the white guy surrounded by black and Hispanic families that is the elder. And don't THEY look impressed by the young white trash's mike performance! Just another example of how one picture (from Awake! or Watchtower) is worth a thousand words, I guess.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Freedom means not having to wear a tie!

• shamus
    shamus

(snickers)

Yes, nice piccie. I am not that livid about it... it does look like a typical dubdom thing... then, when they get behind closed doors, LOOK OUT!

That one girl looks jealous... just boosting his self-esteem, I guess

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    What a sleazy looking, pasty-faced little weazel! Isn't he the kind of kid that in high school you'd want to beat up and flush his head in the toilet?? (Nice brown suit though - haven't seen those since the 70s!) And what about the self-righteous smirk on ElderDad's face?

LMAO!!!

Ah yes, freedom is not wearing a skirt in the COLD winter in the field service.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Notice how they're all studying the Watchtower?????!!!!!!!!!

Not a Bible to be seen.

Quite an accurate pic really.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

And what's with the mauve shirt and tie??

Here's someone wearing a similar brown suit, over 20 years ago:

alt

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

Looks like what you'd find in Bethel "Grab Bag"!!!!!!!!!

Good to 'see ya' aboard, mate!

Cheers to you and the missus, Ozzie

• dmouse
    dmouse

I think the subliminal message here is that elder's sons - the spiritual geeks, get the hotties in the congregation. Look how the attractive females are eyeing him up.

Spirituality=sexual attraction

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ozzie

What seems to be a Bible spotted on lap of hottie sitting to the lef of the elders son....

Pope

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    What seems to be a Bible spotted on lap of hottie sitting to the lef of the elders son....

Dub management always seem to be able to cover themselves...

The ONE person holding a Bible negates Ozzie's otherwise accurate observation that no-one else, including Smug Elder Jr., has a Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit