Watchtower--#0531 With United Ways!

by Voyager 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kgfreeperson
  • FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Wonder how long it will be till they "disassociate" them selves from the United Way, now that their hypocricy has been revealed by the evil apostates!

Free

• kj
    kj

Wow! Gotta bookmark that one! No problem dealing with the world when it involves the almighty dollar. No question which God they serve

kj

• La Capra
    La Capra

I could be wrong about this, but for some reason the following rationalization for this method of collecting donations could be any combination of the following: 1) "closed shop" unions that require everyone to join, or donate the dues to a non-profit via United Way (that is actually the ONLY allowed alternative donee in my employment contract). While joining the Labor Union is not WTBS prohibited per se, in some areas it is frowned upon. A JW might be similar frowned at for donating to UW, unless, of course, the money could be funnelled straight to WTBS, and 2) At my other job, there is quite a bit of pressure to "fill in those UW forms" with our deductions. To be allow R&F JWs to donate to their cult and still look magnanimous in the eyes of their colleagues directly benefits the coffers of WTBS. There was nothing in UW's statement of goals that would seem to preclude a JW from contibuting TO WBTS via UW in this way, since their cash can be designated. UW is, on one level, an organization to disperse donations to non-profits. If it were to exclude WBTS on grounds that it really does no "real" charitable work, it would run up against allegations of religious discrimination and the charge to eliminate support of Catholic Charities, or Jewish Community Resources, etc. The plus side is that if a person forgets to file her annual designation form, the donation is dispersed amongst ALL the charities, including those that help the "heathens." Shoshana

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Should we now be looking forward to articles that showcase the good work that United Way does, kinda like those ones about the UN that started popping up during the 90s?

• Scully
    Scully

La Capra writes:

The plus side is that if a person forgets to file her annual designation form, the donation is dispersed amongst ALL the charities, including those that help the "heathens." Shoshana

Of course, the "flip side" of that is that in the case of any Worldly Person? who does not designate their donation, the WTS will get a piece of the pie!

I wonder how the average United Way donor would feel about a portion of their donation going to an organization that sends paedophiles door-to-door and sues victims of child sexual abuse for legal costs?

Love, Scully

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Someone please copy and past what you see about the Witness's in United Way. as I am having dificulty seeing it. Thanks,

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thanks so much. I have to copy this one for my niece. I sent her copies of the info about the UN, and she showed it to my fanatical JW mom, who said I made it all up!!!!!

But, she's coming around.

This is too much.

April

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    According to the Watchtower index of 1930-1985 under the title "UNITED WAY", notice the very negative connotation associated with this organization

Anyone wanna disturb some shit? Email a scan of this article to the United Way.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

La Capra, that makes sense. I was not aware that the United Way could, essentially, collect money for an agency that they did not and would not ordinarily fund. Scully's comment: "Of course, the "flip side" of that is that in the case of any Worldly Person? who does not designate their donation, the WTS will get a piece of the pie!" is what made me sit up and take notice. I'm pretty sure that, to be a United Way funded agency, you have to actually do something for people and not just the people who belong to your club. If the United Way is giving any portion of what they collect, other than what people give specifically to the Watchtower, I am both going to be really upset and have to re-think my pledge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit