Would you?

by Half banana 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here are my questions I would use to determine the honesty of a Witness visitor.

PERSONALIZED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Yes/No) (testing for honesty)

1. Would you say that your religion discourages higher education? (yes or no?)

2. Do you believe that all the churches of Christendom are essentially satanic?

3. Do you believe, that with rare exceptions, only baptized JWs will survive Armageddon?

4. In a medical emergency would you refuse a blood transfusion that might save the life of a family member?

5. Do you believe that there is any honorable way out of your religion?

6. Would you shun a family member who left your religion because they no longer believed it to be the truth?

7. Do you believe that Jehovah has promised to usher in a safe and secure new world before the 1914 generation expires?

8. Do you believe your religion is biblical?

9. Do you believe your leaders are uniquely capable of understanding and interpreting scripture?

10. Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching the same gospel that Paul preached?

11. Do you believe JWs view Jesus the same way first century Christians did?

12. Do you believe that there were less than 150,000 faithful-to-the-end Christians that existed prior to the start of the 20th century? (i.e. from AD 33 to 1900 AD)

Later you might review each question with sub questions and quotations from their literature to reveal any dishonesty in their responses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HALF BANANA:

If the Witness religion was honest and laid their cards on the table, very few people would get involved....

I had several rude awakenings, but the most trying thing was their terrible attitude with regard to my full-time job. I felt their stand bordered on craziness in the modern world. Where did these idiots think money came from?...

Luckily, I let their bullshit go in one ear and out the other and I’m retired now.

If the religion were honest and up-front about their quirks and prohibitions, there might still be some persons who would join. But, at least these people would be making an informed choice which is something we didn’t have.

I would’ve run like hell if I knew what the so-called “Truth” was all about.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

This truth sets us free.

Interesting questions

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I used H.B.'s questions on another forum. A Witness replied as follows:

Vanderhoven said...

LOL...I might have attended to rebuke the leadership and warn the sheep...but certainly wouldn't join the religion.

How about just to listen and learn? To see if JW's really practice what they preach.

Vanderhoven said...

HB Questions

Would you join a religion which ....

Well I would ask HB if he/she would join a religion that's divided into thousands of diverse "Churches, Denominations, Fellowships, and Conventions"?

Not to mention cults and sects?

Each claiming to worship the true God but ......

For example:

Simplified Outline of Christendom’s Major Religions

Roman Catholic Church

4th Century (Constantine)

5th Century Coptic , Jacobite

1054 C.E. ( A.D )

Eastern Orthodox , Greek, Romanian and others

16th Century Reformation

Lutheran

German

Swedish

American and others

Anglican

Episcopal

Methodist

Salvation Army

Baptist

Pentecostal

Congregational

Calvinism

Presbyterian

Reformed Churches

much Christian love
    1pennyone
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My response:

And Watchtower religion is just one of the cults... and a very dangerous one as well.

I go by their fruits.

False dates

False gospel

False FDS

False authority

Fostering Trust in men

Every wind of changing doctrine.

Dangerous medical commands

Illogical teachings

Major in minors...beards...holidays...birthdays

Breaking up families needlessly

Failure to protect children from abuse.

Crushing freedom of thought and expression.

Shunning for extra-biblical reasons

No financial accountability

High suicide rate

Conditional love.

Inability to accept criticism

Pharisical blindness.

Etc.

By the way Pennyone...no one has to join a religion to be saved. That's man talking. One has to be joined to Jesus. ....not a religion.

Christianity is not a religion; it is a relationship. He who has the Son, has life. He who has not the Son, has not life.

Jesus will not ask which church we attended...but He will look at our fruit and our obedience...not to determine our salvation...but our rewards. Salvation is the gift of God...forgiveness is a gift...righteousness is a gift...justificatipn is a gift....lest any man should boast.

Everything depends in whether we know and love Father and Son...not which group we feel is most directed by God.

The Watchtower only claims exclusive recognition by God and that recognition is totally based on the word of men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit