Would you?

by Half banana 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Would you join a religion which punishes you if you later on change your mind and choose to leave it?

Would you join a religion which claims to be the only one guided by God and yet has always got their prophetic utterances entirely wrong?

Would you join a religion which changes its beliefs every few years?

Would you join a religion which teaches that all other religions are under the spell of Satan?

Would you join a religion which says that you must obey its ruling and deny yourself or your children blood transfusions which could save your life in a medical emergency?

Would you join a religion which claims to have the only way to get everlasting life?

Would you join a religion which claims that higher education is harmful and mocks critical thinking?

Would you join a religion which demands that obedience to its rulings is more important than the ties to your family?

Would you join a religion which rewrites its history to conceal its glaring mistakes?

Would you join a religion which uses Biblical precedents which allow pedophiles to go unchecked among its members?

I confess I did join but these things were not clearly explained before I joined. . .

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    Would you join a religion.....

NO full stop.

• Giordano
    Giordano

An interesting way to frame a question that begs for an answer. Is this what a JW really believes? Or is this what the JW's are told to believe?

Would you join a religion that has a history of forbidding various life saving health decisions like Vaccines and Transplants?

Would you join a religion that forbids various sexual acts between consenting married couples?

Would you join a religion that has close to a hundred reasons, many of which you will never know about, that calls for you to be shunned for life by close family members and long time JW friends?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Would you join a religion...

No, end of the story.

I confess I did join but these things were not clearly explained before I joined.

Which is what makes it a controlling cult, not just a religious organization.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent questions to ask people who are studying with Witnesses but haven't a clue!

I have a similar yes/no list to ask JWs to determine their honesty. I'll post later.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good poignant questions Half Banana .

If one looks objectively at the WTS/JWs one can easily see the corruption instilled into this religious organization.

It is a commercialized false prophet without question.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Even JDubs have not dwelt on those excellent questions.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Been there, done that.

• steve2
    steve2

Great questions - an emphatic "NO!" I wouldn't join - but I had no say in my grandparents joining.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

No of course I wouldn't! The big question is, would I be allowed to leave such a religion after I found out it had lied to me and become disgustingly corrupt? Yes, but I would have to leave 11 members of my family behind and never see my nephews grow up, get married and have babies of their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit