what would you change if you could?

by brownlove2000 19 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

I would blow up the whole damn thing and let people take a deep breath and finally live.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I would change all the kingdumb halls into taverns and no more 7 -11 , but happy hours instead With of course the 2 for 1!!!

Lapuce

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'd make all the sob's at NY publically admit and apoligize for all the wrong dates and hype,, and admit it wasn't just "us" but "them". I want them to say we don't know a rats arse about prophecy, and all we have been doing for the last 100 yrs is WAG'S(whild a** guesses). This is just for starters. I want them to publish the unvarnished history of jws. I want them to lose their religious tax exemption and start building homes for older jws who now have no money b/c they expected to be in the new system by now. I want them to start a series called"how i have been hurt" and let people vocalize all the pain the WTS has caused them. I want to hear talks form the hall about the pain ppl have endured from shunning, and that is why they are stopping this practice.

This is just he start.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I would change the one teaching that I believe is the seed for all the other "bad" things that have happend. That the faithful and discrete slave are a channel to God that stands between man and Jesus.

Jesus made it very clear that HE was the way the truth and the life - he did not include any other person or organization, not his apostles, not his future church, NOTHING or NOONE was included in his statement.

I believe that if individuals went directly to Jesus for their guidance as they are commanded to in the New Testament, and not men who try to circumvent his power and authority, then most of the other man-made rules that have caused so much pain would dissolve.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Wednesday:

I want them to publish the unvarnished history of jws. I want them to lose their religious tax exemption and start building homes for older jws who now have no money b/c they expected to be in the new system by now.

I would like this to be done as well....and extend these homes or have a facility for those who have retired from the the circuit and district work.

• morty
    morty

I'm with Walter on this one....plus blow all the halls up...

mortons68

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Shunning is what allows them to maintain control. Drop the shunning. It is unscriptural, unloving, cold, legalistic, absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't want to destroy the whole thing directly - too many dubs couldn't survive having their rugs yanked out from underneath them like that.

• shamus
    shamus

I would want a written apology delivered in person by the governing body to all the victims of abuse, mental, sexual, all inclusive, and have them make a true comparison of themselves to the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus time. That's it. Is that too much to ask?

Hell, they can't even apologize.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I think JT's post was a beautiful welcome.

Please allow me to add mine as well:

Welcome to the forum!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Immediately increase the Governing Body size to about 48 with members from all over the world. Publish a special WT with confessions of all the lies they have told. Make Crisis of Conscience a MUST READ -- in fact buy the copywrite off Ray Franz for 1 million dollars so Ray can have some comfort as he grows older, and as compensation for what he went through. Immediately stop disfellowshipping people and allow anyone (apart from paedophiles) - but especailly apostates back into the org without all the usual crap of 6 months attending meetings and nobody allowed to talk to you. Sell off most Bethel buildings and contract out the printing/publishing and allow Bethelites to lead a normal life. Set up Kingdom Schools and Universities like Brigham Young in Utah -- to make a decent education almost compulsory. That should do for starters -- other changes would come later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit