GB member Geoffrey Jackson going apostate

by darkspilver 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Yes, it's true, Geoffrey Jackson, the cleverest member of the Governing Body, is going apostate.

He's already written TWO scholarly books, the question is .... when is his THIRD book going to be released!!....

DesirousOfChange: "faded" is definitely only an "apostate" term. I don't know of it being used by WT publications or "in the dark" JWs
    berrygerry: Geoff Jackson used it during the ARC.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney

Aug 14, 2015 transcript, page 15981

33 A. That's how you would like to put it, Mr Stewart, but

34 I thought I'm trying to say that there are those, some of

35 whom I have heard of, that just fade away and they are not

36 actively Jehovah's Witnesses.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

berrygerry: Aug 14, 2015 transcript, page 15981

Cool thanks!

And think about it - I mean when was the last time Geoffrey Jackson was featured on tv.jw.org ??

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    darkspliver > And think about it - I mean when was the last time Geoffrey Jackson was featured on tv.jw.org ??

Geoffrey, you've been under quite some pressure lately... err... maybe it's time for a long, long vacation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Interesting. Does anyone know what condition his health is in?

Perhaps being dragged through the ARC and his old, ailing Father who should have seen Armageddon arrive already, have been enough (among many other things that have gone on as of late) for him to have doubts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... with the many changes that this religion has seen over many decades, any long term JW has got to be scratching their heads and wondering. It would not surprise me if a lot have serious doubts.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Geoffrey Jackson's forthcoming book is an autobiography:

"Geoffrey Jackson: A life filled with pylori shit"

Ftn. The phrase 'pylori shit' comes from the word pylori, which is a stomach bacteria that is known to cause diarrhea, and from the word shit. The phrase pylori shit is an anagram of the phrase holy spirit.

• jws
    jws

He used the word fade? Just because it's a common term here doesn't mean it's not used within their organization too.

And, I'm sure they're monitoring us and pick up the lingo. Doesn't mean they agree with us. Any powerful force keeps an eye on their enemies.

• John Free
    John Free

The first time I heard 'fade' was on jwfacts, but might I suggest that because Mr Stewart used the term in his questioning that Jackson simply used the term to accommodate him?

• steve2
    steve2

There is some poor analysis here. GJ simply repeated a word that Mr Stewart had used in an earlier question about leaving.

BTW, how about some specificity: When was the last time GJ was featured in a JW org video or gave an address at a JW convention?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

These guys are informed of what's going on apostate websites like this one. They have even changed some of their teachings do to apostates. So he may be familiar with the term because of thier monitoring these sites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit