This forum...Is it really healthy........??

by ScoobySnax 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Shari, Thanks for your words, they meant alot. You are the type of poster I would truly miss. I have mellowed, its only on occasion I get this fire in me!! LOL

Talesin, You are right, what an objective last paragraph from Dawn, I would not prescribe to her form of beliefs either, but I respect her candor and honesty. <<Dawn>>

• Valis
    Valis

you know...I was thinking...it is unhealthy for us to coddle and enable someone who constantly teeters on the edge of liking us and giving credence for being a Jehovahs Witness almost at the same time. It gets old Scooby and perhaps you are asking yourself this question for the twenty millionth time, because we have heard it for the twentyfirst millionth time, but please decide and give us and the newbies a break. As Monty Python says..."Get on with it!"

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

Scooby

Just wanted to say that I feel a lot of compassion for you - your latest posts reveal how torn you are inside .... take your time .... don't make any hasty decisions .... my only opinion is .... these decisions can be so difficult .... go with your gut.

hugs

tal

edited to say: yr welcome, dawn

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Valis, Sorry if I'm getting tiresome to you. I will give you a break soon, and all the "newbies" Do you really think I might be affecting how they might view this forum coz of what I might post? Or am I mis-interepreting where you're coming from? Give them some credit, and please don't ever feel I ever need any "coddling" from you.

Sincerely and Truthfully, yours.

Scoob

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Your doing the right thing in charting your own course, scooby-do.

Guest 77

• talesin
    talesin

just had to say ...

valis, tks for your words of wisdom. You are quite direct, but always, as the English would say, 'SPOT ON" (and very kind, I might add).

t

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Talesin.......with all due respect...

Valis says.....Get on with it

You say...... Take your time

Ever heard of the very english phrase... "Running with the Foxes, and Hunting with the Hounds"....

LOL

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oh yes, it may well be in one's best interest to simply move on from here, pro or anti-jw, or some mix thereof. Quite a few have come and go, and for them, this board served its purpose, and they've moved on.

Many however stay even though they have essentially moved on with their lives. They've made friends here, and use this DB to keep in touch. Some post mostly to fluff threads and simply enjoy hanging out here. I don't think that's in any way unhealthy.

Still others feel they should stay and lend a helping hand to newer posters. And many still need to be helped, comforted, and supported in their decision to leave the jw religion.

So there are members here that are in all kinds of stages as they move away (or stay with) the jw religion. I don't think that its unhealhthy for such people to remain here as long as this board continues to fill their needs.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    you know...I was thinking...it is unhealthy for us to coddle and enable someone who constantly teeters on the edge of liking us and giving credence for being a Jehovahs Witness almost at the same time. It gets old Scooby and perhaps you are asking yourself this question for the twenty millionth time, because we have heard it for the twentyfirst millionth time, but please decide and give us and the newbies a break. As Monty Python says..."Get on with it!"

Patients dear. I well remember being in Scoobys shoes. I was unsure for well over a year as to weather or not what I was learning about the WT was true or not. I just wasn't as vocal about it. Not because I didn't want to be vocal, but because I was afraid of confrontation. Believe me, I have been there. Please, cut him some slack. He has been a jw way longer tham I was and it took me a long time before I was truly sure that what I had found out about the religion was in fact true.

• talesin
    talesin

Scooby

An old expression "***t or get off the pot". You seem really unhappy with JW, so why not just get the hell out? I want to be supportive, sweetie, but I just can't help feeling Valis is right.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit