Any of you getting bored of reading this sorta stuff?

by ignored_one 23 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Speaking as somebody who used to work for a small-town Western Newspaper, trust me, something like this is pure gold. These small town reporters are fresh out of college, have to compose 50 column inches with photos every day, and probably put in close to 60 hours a week doing it. Being able to find a WHOLE FEATURE sitting out in ONE PLACE with lots of EASY PHOTOS is like being given a huge tub of chocolate frosting and the keys to the girls' dormitory.

Wait... maybe that allegory didn't quite fit... Okay, it's like having your peanut butter and jelly already spread on the bread for you. All you got to do is throw 'em together and enjoy.

CZAR

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

No I'm not bored.This sort of stuff will eventually slow down and then stop.

Hi Scoobysnax! I beg to disagree with your comment,"An organization who provide good scriptural truths from a Bibical direction."

What good scriptual truths have they provided from a Bibical direction?

Blueblades

• willyloman
    willyloman

The quick build program is the natural outgrowth of a preponderance of guys with building trades skills in the organization. Education has been historically frowned upon, so the only way to make a living has been to go into the trades and become a contractor, plumber, carpenter, etc. No education is required and the license is easy to get if someone vouches for your skill level. If a large number of JWs were scholars or bookworms by trade, we'd have "reading rooms" (a la Christian Science). If we were all architects, we'd build cathedrals. You put guys in charge of stuff and they move the group toward some activity they all can grasp.

As for the publicity, hey, it's news. Building erected in 2, 3, 5 days. That's unique.

• bebu
    bebu

It was mentioned that congregations have to raise the money for the build, give it to the WT, and then take a loan out (with interest) to pay for it?

Am I missing something? If the congregation raises 100% of the funds, they are not to use it but to give it to the WT and take back a loan???

I remember that Francois had a tremendously outrageous story about how the WT, which held the insurance policy on a quickbuild. After a disaster occurred, they discovered that all the volunteer work would have to be given again, as the WT only covered up to the amount of the materials!

I personally think that news reporters should be given more information like this about quickbuilds. Perhaps that might add a little more spice to the story...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit