JW broadcasting July 2018

by dozy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

Just skimmed through the latest broadcast. ( yes - I know , I should really get a life! )

A lot of it seems to be regurgitated videos from previous months.

A lot of the emphasis seems to be on "doing research" and scenes are given of bibles and tablets with lots of notes in the margins and highlighted texts in different colours.

The impression is given that this is a scholarly organisation , but in reality most of this "research" is simply cross referring Society literature and references. Any real research ( such as whether 607 is correct or whether the flood really happened ) simply isn't allowed.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Ahh the days of endless research yet only into “The Society’s Publications”. Doing research outside that was frowned upon.

Should have known something was wrong with that logic.🙄

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watching the Discovery chanel all scholars agree 586 bce for Jerusalem's destruction but Witnesses stick to the 1860's idea that it's 607 bce. Total denial.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember 'research'. It was something that helped wake me up. This was because, whatever subject I wanted to learn about, the watchtower publications didn't help with. I felt it was a 'spiritual' wasteland where one went to die.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

When I did research on our spiritual heritage as tony da turd once recommended I discovered we were given a false narrative and found out all kinds of bat shit crazy things

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's great! The very fact that I researched ONLY in the society's older publications was what led me to my awakening!

I had a service meeting talk that was all about "appreciating our rich theocratic heritage" and encouraged all to become familiar with the older publications in the library at the Kingdom Hall!

It was reading all those old books that made me see how batshit crazy the origins of the "truth" were!

• asp59
    asp59

I actually think they are very scared of writing new things in magazine.

Must be they worrie they can get lawsuit if it's something they write wrong.

They gonna repeat old information or write abouth subjects that are regular, like how to study.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Dozy - great point!

Doing research would be finding many sources to draw conclusions from - Cults ALWAYS refer you to their own literature.

This accomplishes the goals of - making people feel empowered (when the opposite is happening) and reemphasizing the party line over and over.

The added bonus of taking up more time that 'friends' could be using doing worldly things.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I did research, I researched their old publications, that’s why I’m here. Thanks WT!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I did research too, in the 'you can get the equivalent of a college education by reading all of the WT and Awake back issues' library, and it made me realize how often they have changed their policy, and how TERRIBLE their logic is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit