Question for the gentlemen.....

by Surreptitious 67 Replies latest social physical

• SadElder
    SadElder

We use 'Mildred' it comes on Monday's and Friday's and does the laundry. Does a nice job too, been at it at our house for 15 years I think.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

SFJim resembles dirty laundry?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

SFJ..no offense. That was just a revenge comment for logunsrun. (our 80's music thread)

I'm just about gay myself. (don't ask?)

As for laundry...please tell me someone else out there has heard of Suavitel??????

You find it in the Hispanic section. I don't know what the hell is in it. But it's 10 times better than Downy ever dreamed of being. Your clothes smell like heaven.

April

• reboot
    reboot

I ran out yesterday and had to use Fairy liquid instead as I had to wash the cat's bed....the machine kept groaning and lurching and leaked all over the kitchen floor and then I had to try and lather up some soap into the dispenser drawer to de-froth the washing up liquid froth- that was fun...

• Mac
    Mac
    Mac, how many men does it take to open a beer? None, it should be open by the time she brings it to you.

Surrep, You seem intent on confusing me......open a beer?.....everyone knows they come in frosty goblets and never in singular quantity. Stop teasing me you guys........next you'll be telling me that grapes originally come unpeeled!!! mac (hmphhh)

• talesin
    talesin

avi

that's an excellent list, and yes, we know all about rule #92 - our moms told us.

We just let you guys 'think' we don't know

tal

• Faraon
    Faraon

Actually, doing the wash is a chore for me, since I take care of my 2 daughters at home: 9 and 12 year olds.

I divide the laundry in seven different baskets:

1) White clothes: Set it on one rinse only. Hot wash, cold rinse. Heavy duty speed (fast). I add Quick Dissolving Tide to the hot water as soon as it starts flowing. When the washer starts agitating, I add Clorox and then the clothes. When it stops, I put it in the liquid softener previously diluted for the second rinse. Transfer clothes to dryer. Clean filter and set it on Cotton.

2) Socks and bottom underwear (all colors except white). Almost same as above, except I place washer in normal speed. (I still use Clorox due to the fact that I want to kill the germs).

3) Jeans and black clothes: Same as # 1 but I use warm wash and Oxi Clean instead of Clorox.

4) Red clothes: Set it on one rinse only. automatic warm wash, warm rinse. Permanent Press setting. normal speed. I add Quick Dissolving Tide to the hot water as soon as it starts flowing. When the washer starts agitating, I add Oxy clean and then the clothes. When it stops, I put it in the liquid softener previously diluted for the second rinse. Transfer clothes to dryer. Clean filter and set it on Cotton

5) Beige & yellow clothes: Same as #4

6) Light blue & green clothes: Same as #4

7) Delicates: Set on cold wash and cold rinse. Permanent press setting. Extra delicate speed setting. I add Woolite to the automatic cold water as soon as it starts flowing (automatic does not allow it to go too cold in these regions in cold weather). Set dryer in "knits" temperature. Add anti-static cloth.

IN CASE OF A FEMALE GUEST:

Colored clothes: Add four cups of Clorox before water starts to flow. That is it. It will kill all the germs, and she will thank you for the tie-dye look of the seventies. No need for fancy detergents. You can also add her favorite mink coat and designer dresses. It will save her a bundle and will beg for you to do her laundry again!

White clothes: a pint of Liquid Plumber in her wash will wash all soap scum accumulated through the years and at the same time will clear your washing machine of any organic material left there through the years.

If it doesn't work, her motherly instinct will surface and volunteer to do the laundry for you.

• Beans
    Beans

Gain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit