by ScoobySnax 180 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

This thread is so gay.

Bradley

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    It's all about the Pixies!

totally agree. the pixies are my favorite band of all time.

however my favorite eighties song is either "the killing moon" by echo and the bunnymen or "head over heels" by tears for fears. ;)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    This thread is so gay.

Bradley

And what's wrong with that??????

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    This thread is so gay.

Thtop that you great big thilly.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Nothing is wrong with this thread being gay! I'm just pointing out the obvious. ScoobySnax talking about Duran Duran and "Rock Me Amadeus"...hehe....first thought that popped into my head!

Bradley

• avishai
    avishai
    Luna
    No happy music, eh Cas? So....Erasure is out, hmm?

Vince Clarke is a cool guy and I liked him with Alison Moyet, but that Andy Bell is a bit to happy for my liking.

Don't like guys poncing around on stage to much

Funny. Erasures newer stuff is a lot more dark & lush, ya might like it, Andy Bell does have an amazing voice. I saw erasure in the late 80's when they were getting a lot of airplay.A lot of girls had dragged their Jock boyfriends along, needless to say, the show was very "flamboyant" These poor guys looked sooooo confused on the way outa the show.

Yazoo rules!

As far as the pixies go, I got to see them w/ Bob Mould in 89'. I also got to have coffee w/ Joey Santiago, the guitar player for the pixies about 3 years ago, right after a seeing a show w/ his band "the martini's", who were great!

I asked him how it felt to have his band be so influential on 90's bands, He took a bite of his eggs, thought about it, & said. "Y'know, I was gonna say something all humble & deep, but ya really wanna know? "It feels pretty damn good!!!!" Helluva nice guy.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i'm officially envious of avi till the day i die. :O

• avishai
    avishai

How could I forget all the 80's industrial stuff?

How 'bout Smthered hope, by Skinny puppy? I skipped out on memorial to go see them @ 16, told my mom I was going to memorial w/ a buddy in the next town. Got grounded for 2 weeks, but it was worth it!

Ministry, Effigy, Every day is Halloween.

Front 242, headhunter.

Dancing around in black in dark, smoky underage nightclubs, smoking clove cigarettes, Damn good times. Having coffee aftrwards on dark, rainy Portland nights. Meeting wonderful, Gay ex JW's, really nice kids, tho they flicked me shit for being a straight constantly. Where are they now, I wonder?

• luna
    luna

Avi-

I'm jealous also!! And rainy PORTLAND nights? I bet i've run across you. I grew up there.

• avishai
    avishai

I used to hang out at "confetti's" later called the quest, The City nightclub, The Lotus, Virginia Cafe, etc., etc., I grew up in Corvallis/Albany, but live in Portland for quite awhile.Oh, yeah, later on I used to go to Panorama quite a bit, too.

Luna, it's a newer pic, but here's me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit