Multiple boards/Multiple personalities?

by JH 51 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Going from board to board I notice how certain people who post will be so different on other board, while some don't change their style.

Do you change your personality or style when you post on other boards and try to fit in and be accepted there, or do remain yourself no matter where you post?

• waiting
    waiting

*sigh*...........no matter where I go............same 'ol waiting. It's hard enough to remember my kids & dogs' names, etc.

To try to keep up with different names AND personalities is just too much effort.

Besides, it's taken me a long time to get down to one personality.

waiting

• simplesally
    simplesally

Oh waiting, you'll just never change.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I am SP everywhere. Some people feel that if they speak their minds on other boards, they will be reprimanded for it. Anonymity is safety.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I tend to be who I am at all the boards, but the given of a particular board may change the way I respond or behave to an extent. And, although I may be more "opinionated" on some more than others, I try to stay consistent (but the vocabulary may change a bit)

I try to stay within the confines of the boards rules.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm just me everywhere

different boards or in real

Signed

just me

• Simon
    Simon

SP: No one is reprimanded for anything.

People are free to post anything they like anywhere else. They would have to be dumb to post insulting comments and lies about me, my family and my friends though and then expect to post on here as if nothing had happened. I am free to decide that people who do this are not welcome to use this site.

In my experience, people who have lots of personas and accounts almost invariably cause trouble. It is inherantly deceptive IMHO.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SP,

I am SP everywhere. Some people feel that if they speak their minds on other boards, they will be reprimanded for it.

Omnipresent SP.... Sometimes what people 'feel' is just a feeling and not a reality.

It is true that one other Board, perhaps one that you have in mind, does show a particular and grossly dysfunctional animosity toward many who post on this Board, but that does not mean that there is a reciprocation with posters here. I have been the victim of lies and slander on that particular site but I bear no animosity toward any of the participants. They do not know me as a person, and I hardly know them, so why should I really be bothered.

As long as I do not have written on my tombstone, "Here Lies TomJones, Who Died With A Smile On Both His Faces", I will rest easy....lol

Relax SP all will be well in the end - HS

PS - I Post here and occasionally at ChannelC using my 'HS' name. I am taken far more seriously on ChannelC becuase everybody thinks that 'HS' stands for the Holy Spirit.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

WHAT !!!!!

There are other boards besides here ??????

Things you're mother never told you.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

THERE ARE OTHER BOARDS OUT THERE? WHERE HAVE I BEEN ? I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE ONLY BOARD!

NEEDS LOTS OF UNDERSTANDING

(VICKI)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit